Job #: 35151
Title: VICE PRESIDENT, HOUSING
Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia - United States
Salary: $160,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 20k bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
One the nation`s foremost commnunity and economic development non-profit orgnaication seeks a strategic Housing Policy Leader for the role of VP, Housing!!
The VP, Housing is able to build out their own team and put their footprint on this role!!! This is tremendous opportunity to be the client`s naitonal spokesperson on matters of strategic housing policies and issues facing various communities across the country. JOB DESCRIPTION
What We Do
With residents and partners, our client forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility
- for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, our client and its affiliates have invested approximately $22 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, Our client`s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco.
The Vice President for Housing will play a crucial role in helping our client`s local offices, and national rural program, in working with our partners to design and implement strategic approaches to local and regional housing challenges. The Vice President for Housing will also be expected to lead efforts to raise resources for our client`s housing initiatives.
The Vice President for Housing will work hand in hand with our local offices, and national program staff, in close coordination with other national programs and our affiliate, a national non-profit syndicator of Low Income Housing Tax Credits. The Vice President for Housing will provide leadership, guidance and support on broad housing policy issues, and will help LISC staff and the community groups we work with to conceptualize and implement specific development, homeownership and preservation opportunities.
In addition to supporting our efforts on the ground in our local sites, and with our rural partners, the Vice President for Housing will have a crucial role in developing our client`s housing policies and priorities, and will be our client`ss main spokesperson on housing issues, communicating such policies and priorities in national and local arenas.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate cultural competency working with diversified communities, and a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their work.
Current priorities for the housing efforts supported by our clientin our local sites, and through our national rural program, include:
- Preservation of affordable rental housing, through project specific technical assistance, targeted lending, knowledge sharing, development of partnerships with state and local government, and the analysis, development and promotion of preservation-oriented public policies.
- Developing national agenda to support and increase homeownership, with a particular focus on reducing the racial wealth gap.
- Early-stage support for assessment of the opportunities for the development of new rental and homeownership projects, conceptualizing and planning at times complex housing development projects, including identification and assessment of developers, analysis of financing options, and underwriting assistance.
- Providing guidance, support and technical assistance to our local offices on designing and implementing large-scale housing production strategies, including creative financing mechanisms.
- Elevate and communicate the value and impact of our client`s housing initiatives and policy priorities to funders, policy makers, community partners, and other community development stakeholders.
- Collaborating across sectors to scale impact, such as working closely with health institutions to integrate health equity in affordable housing redevelopment.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, real estate or related fields is required. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years senior level professional experience in housing, community development, real estate, capital development and community revitalization.
- Experience in shaping affordable housing through development or lending.
- Deep familiarity with federal housing finance and subsidy programs.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and sustain philanthropic funding.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with national, state and local policy leaders to advance the client`s housing mission.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums.
- Demonstrated management experience, including staff development, financial management, and office administration.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: