Job #: 35149
Title: Program Vice President-Northeast Region
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Salary: $160,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 20k-25k bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
One the nation`s foremost community and economic devleopment non-profit organization seeks a Servant/Leader to guide, develop and superivise local execuitve directors in varouis northeast cities. This is an opporutnty to be instrumental in improving the lives of the underserved communities in the areas of affordable housing, smal business lending, education and heathcare. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is one of Americas oldest and largest COMMUNITY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION.
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together.
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, OUR NATIONAL NON PROFIT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT client and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, OUR CLIENT`s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 34 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco
OUR CLIENT seeks an experienced leader to be the Vice President of its Northeast region. The Vice President will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of eight local urban offices throughout the Northeast. The Vice President will also support our clients efforts to grow our footprint in additional markets.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance for all aspects of our client`s local program activity. Ensure goals are met.
- Champion impact investment strategies that use our clients financial resources to catalyze a pipeline of affordable housing, economic development, small business and other real estate projects and catalytic programs.
- Supervise Executive Directors (6-8 Northeast urban cities) and support the hiring of competent and entrepreneurial staff to carry out our clients strategy and operate its programs.
- Monitor and support fundraising efforts to ensure diverse resource generation.
- Engage with local advisory committee (LAC) members and other key stakeholders.
- Advocate on behalf of our client and the policy networks at the local, state and federal levels to secure the tools necessary to advance a comprehensive community development strategy.
- Bring visibility to local innovations and programs within our clients national structure.
- Maximize the use of our clients National resources and expertise in New York City.
NOTE: THIS ROLE REMOTE DUE TO COVID 19 AND CAN BE BASED IN ANYWHERE IN THE NORTHEAST(FROM BOSTON TO PHILADELPHIA) INCLUDING BUFFALO.
MUST HAVE ACCESS TO MAJOR AIRPORT!!! QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, real estate or related fields. Masters degree preferred.
- Ten years senior level experience in community development finance or related field.
- Knowledge of Northeast markets, including experience working with municipalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to our client`s mission and understanding of community development policies and programs, especially housing and economic development.
- Demonstrated track record in providing leadership for the development of strategic vision.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and sustain philanthropic funding.
- Demonstrated experience in shaping capital investment through development or lending.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums.
- Knowledge, understanding of, and experience in community development strategies, including deep knowledge of real estate related resource and capital development strategies utilized in real estate and community revitalization efforts.
- Understanding of community development policy.
- Fluency using and understanding data to inform decision making.
- Entrepreneurial orientation; ability to seek out creative approaches to community issues.
- Proven ability to work in culturally and ethnically diverse environments.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: