Job #: 34837
Title: Maintenance and Utilities Manager - Chemicals
Job Location: Peoria, Illinois - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 17%
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
17% bonus paid out quarterly. Market leader for their product JOB DESCRIPTION
A global company seeks a Maintenance/Utilities Manager for their Peoria site.
DUTIES: This person will report to the Plant Manager of this 100 person polymer resin plant. It is open due to a retirement and they need someone who can lead a mentor their young engineers.
This Manager will wear many hats and is a hands on role along with the Maintenance and Utilities will also have duties including: Reliability, Mechanical Integrity, Capitol Projects, Process Improvement and PSM. This position will have 1 Maintenance Supervisor, 1 Reliability Engineer, 11 craftsman, 5 mechanics, 5 E&I Technicians, 2 Electricians, and 1 store room manager reporting into this person.
The Maintenance & Utilities Manager plans, directs and coordinates the activities of employees engaged in chemical production plant support in the functions of facility maintenance, asset integrity and reliability, contractor management, capital spending management, utilities supply (steam, electricity, water, air, nitrogen and others), treatment of incoming water, pre-treatment of waste waters, and engineering stores.
- Develops programs, procedures and practices to encourage employees to work safety in an environmentally responsible manner to achieve quality results at acceptable cost levels.
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drives Plant asset integrity and reliability program, including proactive maintenance programs, such as predictive maintenance programs, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), maintenance scheduling, root cause analysis, improvement through Lean Six Sigma (LSS) techniques and other best practices.
- Prepares budgets and monitors expenses/costs to provide necessary production support.
- Plans for annual capital project needs.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees annual Plant and boiler shutdown activities.
- Provides technical support for maintenance functions for central maintenance, including CMMS and maintenance planning support.
- Manages the Mechanical Integrity Program and the Preventive Maintenance Program pertaining to process safety and reliability.
- Provides advisory support to the Plant-engineering group.
- Maintains Plant engineering standards and compliance.
- Confers with managers to establish priorities.
- Drives the cultural changes necessary for the organization, relative to working together as a team, resolving conflicts, improving performance and behavior, and individual acceptance of responsibility and ownership of the process and equipment.
- Resolves personnel conflicts and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Develops systems and uses applicable tools to improve understanding of maintenance costs relative to overall goals of reliability and productivity. Provides monthly analysis of costs and activities.
- Develops systems and uses applicable tools to improve understanding of utilities key measures, utilities maintenance and operating costs, and utilities reliability. Provides monthly analysis of costs and reliability activities.
- Oversees the daily operation of the utilities systems for the site.
- Inspects and troubleshoots equipment as needed, including steam boiler internals.
- Manages engineering stores functions to properly support plant needs, including maintenance material and contracting needs, process material needs, raw material purchasing, and physical inventory.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. degree in Engineering required.
- Familiarity required in all aspects of process safety and environmental compliance.
- Prior experience required in a manufacturing environment, in both process and supervisory roles.
Prior experience of 10-15 years required in maintenance and utility management, including CMMS, craft supervision, budgeting and capital control, and boiler and utility management QUALIFICATIONS
EXPERIENCE: BS Mechanical Engineer ( preferred) Chemical Engineer may look at other related degrees with 10-20 years of experience from a process related industry. Chemicals, Food Ingredients, Pharma would be ideal. Prior Management experience is desired but they will take an up and comer who is ready to move into management. They must have the Maintenance experience and CMMS with PSM being a requirement. The Following Skill Sets are desired but not mandatory the more the better though. : Utilities, Prior Management Experience, Capitol Project work, PSM, Six Sigma, SAP CMMS, Rotating Equipment. They would ideally like a local person but someone with ties to the area who wants to be in Peoria.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: