Job #: 34832
Title: Analytical Chemist
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who has expertise in LC-QTOF. Our client has made a huge commitment to this type of analytical equipment and they need an expert to validate the sytem and get it up and running. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a contract research laboratory with 20 + years experience providing consulting, material product development, and analytical testing services focused in the area of polymeric materials
They need an Analytical Chemist with LC-QTOF expertise to perform experimental design, method development, validation, and analysis
The Analytical Chemist has proven track record developing and implementing robust methods for non-targeted and targeted chemical analyses in a diverse set of matrices.
The Analytical Chemist has worked with a variety of sample preparation workflows (e.g., extractions, simulated leaching conditions, derivatizations).
The Analytical Chemist has implemented analytical quality best practices and experimental controls ensuring the highest level of confidence in reported results. Strong understanding of the selection and use of system suitability standards, continuing calibration checks, spike recovery standards, surrogate standards, internal standards, replicate preparations, and trending/control charts.
The Analytical Chemist must be experienced in operation and data analysis for LC-QTOF instrumentation as well as method development and sample work-up for this instrument. Experience in GC-MS, LC-MS, GPC and GPC-MALLS is a plus. Experience with Agilent instruments and ChemStation is a plus.
- Quantitative analytical method development, validation for targeted and non-targeted assays, with a focus on LC-QTOF
- Focus on analytical quality incorporate verification/validation activities and experimental controls.
- Identification of analytical conditions given target analytes or problem statement,
- Sample preparation selection and execution by solvent extraction, SPE, L/L extractions, etc.
- Method optimization, characterization for LOD/LOQ, sensitivity, resolution, repeatability, etc.
- Familiarity with semi-quantitation and unknown compound identification workflows.
- Critical analysis of data generated by other personal
- Key member of the chromatography and analytical chemistry testing team.
- Provide a resource for secondary analysis/review of data with emphasis on critical thinking
- Routine chromatography on LC-QTOF instruments
- Hardware configuration, detector verification, system diagnostics
- Sample loading, sequence queuing, data analysis/interpretation including a familiarity with semi-quantitation and unknown compound identification workflows.
- Writing qualification documents (ICH or USP criteria), SOPs, training staff to new methods
- Documentation, data/method/library organization, report generation communication of results
- BS or MS Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Work in a small, adaptable company focused on non-routine, high-quality and rapid projects
- ISO 9001:2015 certified, ISO 17025:2005 accredited, registered with FDA need similar expertise
- 5 + years laboratory experience in one of the following areas is preferred: Contract R&D or CRO/CDMO lab, Extractable & leachable (E&L) or chemical characterization lab, Polymer analysis lab, Failure analysis or forensic lab, Environmental lab, Manufacturing QC lab Pharma or startup analytical lab
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: