Job #: 34925
Title: Human Resources Supervisor
Job Location: Texarkana, Texas - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Love to promote from within. Could be a nice stepping stone for the 2-5 year candidate just starting out. MUST HAVE SOME TYPE OF UNION IN BACKGROUND. JOB DESCRIPTION
This position acts as a business partner supporting operations and maintenance leadership charged with being a change leader impacting the results for the large business units which they support at a large unionized manufacturing plant with approximately 800 employees and 3 unions
- Act with line management in instituting work system improvements which positively impact business profitability and raise employee engagement. Help the facility build a reliability culture.
- Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of strategies which drive engagement and inclusion.
- Educate, coach and counsel members of the organization regarding the performance management process. Coach and counsel on the job performance, employee development and diversity related issues.
- Provide organizational development expertise for the development of non-traditional work teams/work systems. Identify training and education needs and initiate cost effective delivery systems to meet those needs.
- Represent management in contract administration, interpretation, and negotiation support of collective bargaining agreements.
- Coach line management on company policies work rules, as well as applicable federal and state regulations, to ensure fair and consistent delivery of human resources products and services and compliance with local labor agreements.
- Research and introduce human resources best practice concepts to ensure that the organization is utilizing leading edge human resources technology and proactively considering new strategies.
- Recruitment and staffing of hourly and salaried employees utilizing Pre-Employment selection processes and College Recruiting.
- Utilize change management processes to help drive continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 4 years of Human Resources Generalist experience.1
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Union labor/relations experience (contract interpretation, compliance, grievance, arbitration).
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelors Degree (Human Resources preferred).
- Compensatory closely related work experience required in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of Federal and State employment laws and other government compliance regulations.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Effective interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Experience with SAP or other HRIS.
- Ability to coach employees and management through complex issues and make recommendations that are consistent with policies, procedures and governmental law.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: