Job #: 34920
Title: Registered Nurse - ICU
Job Location: Watertown, New York - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Enjoy the natural beauty of Northern New York, minutes from Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River.
Help us shape Northern New York Healthcare - Incredible results start with incredible people.
We are looking for eager professionals to join our growing staff in our intensive care unit! JOB DESCRIPTION
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient`s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of nursing principles
- Must recognize safety issues to self and others and be able to assess and implement use of lifts or move patients in a safe manner.
- Must be able to function well in stressful situations and have good, creative, problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to prioritize and delegate. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills required. May be required to assume duties as a charge nurse.
- Coronary care course or successful completion of challenge exam within the orientation period. Basic lethal dysrhythmia within six months of employment.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Spending Account
- 401K retirement
- $7500 Sign-On Bonus
- $5000 Loan Forgiveness after 1 year (up to 4 years)
- 1 year of prior RN/clinical experience - required.
- Experience in med/surg preferred.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: