Job #: 34885
Title: Counsel - Commercial Real Estate
Job Location: Des Moines, Iowa - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus, Profit-Sharing
Employer Will Recruit From: Worldwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The company, and its affiliates, has actively acquired and is managing over $3.1 billion in real assets, comprised of 750+ properties across 38 states (more than 13 million square feet). This unique investor-focused firm has produced consistent growth over the past ten years and anticipates adding $800 Million+ annually to their assets under management.
The right candidate will be capable of critical thinking, be able to independently plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload in a fast-paced, high-volume environment, provide quality work product, and will turn around assignments in an expeditious manner. Working closely with the other members of the Legal and Closing team, the Counsel must be team-oriented and proactive. The position requires a highly organized individual that is able to thrive in a fast-paced deal-driven environment. The Real Estate Counsel will be detail-oriented and thorough, but also a pragmatic and goal-oriented problem-solver. This individual will be able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external parties.
What`s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare, vision, and dental benefits
- Paid time off (15 days per year for the first two years, 20 days from years 3 5, and 25 days starting in year 6 of service)
- Profit-sharing and cash balance plan following 1 year of service. Both plans are 100% company funded and have vesting requirements.
A national commercial real estate investment firm ($3.1B AUM) located in Des Moines, Iowa, seeks a 2-5+ year experienced real estate attorney to join the firm as Real Estate Counsel. This role will work closely with the Companys Legal and Closing team on the acquisition of properties and executing on the financing of those portfolios.
As our new Real Estate Counsel, you will be hands-on in the legal transactional work of our commercial real estate and investment firm.
Position Information: The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in commercial real estate acquisitions including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale documents, due diligence review, reviewing commercial agreements, preparing closing documents; and general experience representing property owners of commercial real estate. QUALIFICATIONS
What you need for this position:
- A minimum of two years of corporate/real estate experience; Law firm experience preferred
- Must have a wide range of commercial real estate transaction knowledge, including working on contract preparation, PSA negotiations, and commercial real estate closings
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be able to demonstrate diplomacy and perform well under pressure
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and work successfully both in a team and independently
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstration of polish, poise, and corporate etiquette
- Strong respect of confidentiality, moral obligations, and fiduciary duties
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Superior writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and have strong attention to detail
- An active member in good standing of the State Bar in candidates state of residence
- JD from an accredited law school required
What you`ll be doing:
- Review, prepare and negotiate purchase and sale agreements
- Prepare closing documents, including assignments, tenant notice letters, consents, affidavits, and state property transfer forms
- Assist the Asset Management Team with drafting legal correspondence and review of loan agreements and lease documents
- Review due diligence items and addressing any closing matters
- Draft listing agreements, property management agreements, termination agreements, service agreements, and other commercial contracts
- Prepare and revise agreements and modifications
- Provide additional assistance as necessary with the closing process
University - JD
How to Apply: