Job #: 35060
Title: SENIOR MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER
Job Location: Tempe, Arizona - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Monthly Incentive & Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Excellent opportunity to join a national mortgage leader offering excellent compensation package, career advancement and development. JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for providing quality and consistent underwriting of mortgage loans, focusing on difficult/complex loans, to ensure compliance with appropriate company standards. Responsible for ascertaining the needs of borrowers and assisting them in selecting the appropriate loan type which best matches their long-term objectives, and ensuring compliance with FHLMC/FHA/VA/FNMA guidelines.
Also assesses the potential risk of loan applicants, including current and past credit and job history, ensures that all mortgage applications are complete, accurate, and fall within acceptable guidelines, and attains direct endorsement approvals.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilizes Fannie Mae`s Desktop Underwriter to determine loan eligibility for sale to Fannie Mae, HUD and Veterans Administration (VA)..
- Ensures all file documentation requirements are met for Fannie Mae, HUD and VA eligible loans.
- Underwrites loan files for designated processing center through a review process of analyzing and evaluating income, assets, liabilities, and property, while maintaining designated time frames as determined by management Assimilates new government regulations and applies this knowledge to improve and maintain quality and consistent underwriting. Reviews self-employed, corporate and partnership tax returns, profit and loss, as well as financial statements to ascertain borrowers` income.
- Provides written letters of commitment for each loan decision detailing required documentation, loan interest rate, as well as the fees and mortgage amount approved.
- Works with the loan originators and processors to create solutions for problems that arise during processing.
- Reviews and corrects potential problems in loan processing files (credit history, nonconforming appraisals, files not adhering to guidelines, etc.).
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 5 years minimum mortgage underwriting experience.
High School/Secondary School
How to Apply: