Job #: 34821
Title: Corporate Controller
Job Location: Nashua, New Hampshire - United States
Salary: $150,000.00 - $200,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a growing medical device producer with a global footprint, an appetite for possible acquisitions and an aspiration to become a public company in the next 12-18 months. The Corporate Controller must have public company reporting experience (could be gained by time in public accounting); excel in a mid-sized business operation ($75-200 million in revenues) and have the capability to help the business scale its operations. JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for direct supervision of accounting functions such as payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, and financial reporting. More importantly, the individual will create and implement policies and procedures to ensure a more efficient and accurate closing process.
- Responsible for annual audit and financial statement preparation.
- Build/improve infrastructure to support companys growth, including implementation of all required financial systems.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly financial statements including consolidations of international subsidiaries and reconciliation of intercompany activities.
- Preparation of year to date cash flow and perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances
- Reconcile all financial statement accounts to identify problem areas, unusual trends, and patterns.
- Assist the CFO with preparation and maintenance of the financial planning system and preparation of annual budget.
- Manage technical accounting issues and stay current on all GAAP related requirements.
- Responsible for managing all banking, insurance, and tax requirements.
- Work with external tax advisors in the preparation of US and international tax returns
- Develop standard cost models and processes for ensuring propriety of cost accounting and analysis of variances between actual and standard costs
- Help establish and implement SOX processes and controls throughout the company as well as ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Work with CFO in completion of international tax strategy.
- Assist the CFO/CEO with special projects as needed, and other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- Responsible for M&A due diligence (financial) and company integration and Purchaser Accounting treatment as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, or related field, with CPA certification is preferred;
- 10 plus years experience; ideally 5 plus years experience in public accounting and 7 plus years experience in a management role; public company experience is a must; manufacturing background is preferred;
- Strong expertise in US GAAP including revenue recognition, international currency translation and consolidations is required; working knowledge of taxes is a plus;
- Experience in SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance required;
- M&A experience including due diligence, integration, and purchase accounting is necessary;
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel, Experience with MS Dynamics, FRx or other financial packages a plus;
- Knowledge of Great Plains and Max software systems a plus.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: