Job #: 34820
Title: Manager- Financial Systems
Job Location: Waltham, Massachusetts - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Financial Systems Manager
Our client is a privately held multinational enterprise software corporation. The Company JOB DESCRIPTION
has an strong customer base and has products that are recognized for their technical excellence. The organizational structure is flat and works best for professionals that enjoy a wide scope of activities and involvement in the projects. The Company has about 500 employees and invests in making the employee experience professionally satisfying and personally enriching.
?Financial Systems Manager
- Designs, develops, configures, maintains, and enhances computerized systems used by the Finance Department while also supporting other users that utilize core Finance systems such as the ERP system.
- Collaborate with key members of the Finance Department, and users of Finance systems to coordinate and execute activities required for current state activities. These activities include ongoing support and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics365 and other system implementations, integrations, upgrades, enhancements or configuration changes as required.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to assist in the design and development of new system implementations, integrations, extracts, upgrades or enhancements for any and all current and future systems.
- Manage, coordinate, support and monitor all Financial Department system project activities and progress.
- Manage, coordinate, support and monitor key deliverables which support all accounting activities including purchase to pay, order to cash, payroll, general ledger, month-end close, adhoc reporting and system maintenance.
- Create and update process documentation and workflows.
- Work with Finance Department and other key organizational stakeholders to define business requirements and project scope, identify new use cases and ROI where appropriate for software, enhancements, or optimizations.
- Collaborate with the Application Development team to implement finance team requests that require external vendor support. External vendor support is typically sourced for technical development work, system or subject matter expertise and configuration support.
- Assist with the evaluation and selection of external vendor partners.
- Work with key stakeholders to establish, document and manage project priorities and scope of deliverables.
- Develop detailed business requirements into functional specifications.
- Develop test scenarios by specific system module; develop test cases and test scripts.
- Execute first round of user acceptance testing of Finance deliverables prior to end user testing.
- Manage and coordinate end user acceptance testing with appropriate stakeholders to sign off.
- Identify, share and implement best practices for accounting processes and application design with key stakeholders.
- Monitor data flows among systems to ensure all data is up-to-date and accurate; act as liaison for distributing and collecting data.
- Interact with end users to understand their experience with the applications, identify new requirements and implement them in subsequent application releases with support from external partners or the Application Development team
- Provide a high level of support to the user community
- Assess and escalate issues to the Application Development Team, external vendors or product organizations when necessary. Responsible for providing excellent customer service for requests that come in including prioritization and creation of SLA`s with the customer.
Financial Systems Manager
- BA in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems;
- Eight (8) plus years of relevant ( accounting/ implementation/ project mgmt) experience is required; more experience is preferred;
- Must have prior in an accounting role; most recent experience must be in the configuration of ERP Financial systems to include all finance modules (Procurement, AR, AP, GL, Fixed Assets, Inventory Management)
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of accounting policies, procedures and professional standards; also must be familar with financial and operational systems.
- Experience coordinating issues with information technology professionals;
- Demonstrated analytic aptitude for reviewing, interpreting, analyzing reports and data;.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools a plus.
- Working experience in a global multi-currency environment a plus
- Comfortable drawing on internal resources; the role has nodirect reports
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: