Job #: 34756
Title: Dairy Manager (KH-8843)
Job Location: East Aurora, New York - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 401K Match + Dental + Health + Life Insurance + Opportunities for Professional Growth + Paid Sick Time + Paid Vacation
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Dairy Manager position - New York
$60,000 - $70,000 JOB DESCRIPTION
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a large dairy operation located in New York who is searching for a Dairy Manager who has the right experience, attitude and dedication to help grow the dairy operation. This position will be responsible for overseeing a large herd of mature dairy cows and the breeding program at the Young Stock location. The Dairy Manager is responsible for optimizing milk production in terms of both quantity and quality ensuring the highest level of health and reproductive quality for the dairy animals. The Dairy Manager provides direction and support to the dairy team members. QUALIFICATIONS
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing the health, wellness, feeding and movement of a large herd of dairy cattle.
- Sick cow identification, diagnosis, lameness, mastitis or any abnormality and treating according to established protocols.
- Vaccinating and dry-off of cattle, fresh cow maternity care, taking care of calves and maintain the calving areas.
- Managing and developing employees.
- Breeding program.
- Hoof trimming program.
- Maintaining records on all dairy livestock using Dairy Comp 305.
- Carrying out any other duties as required to successfully maintain the herd and staff.
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Agriculture, Dairy Management or a related field.
- Previous experience working with cows including, heat detection, sickness, lameness, and treating accordingly.
- AI breeding and hoof trimming experience.
- Experience with sorting and moving groups of cows.
- Experience with fresh cow maternity care.
- People management experience.
- Ability to operate Dairy Comp 305, feed watch software and other computer software.
- Experience in feeding, bedding and milking cows.
- Ability to operate farm machinery and lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to speak Spanish is helpful.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Positive leadership skills and abilities.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: