Job #: 34753
Title: Chief Operating Officer
Job Location: Cadillac, Michigan - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a 60+ year old family-owned company comprised of broadcasting operations, residential real estate holdings and commercial real estate holdings. The organization is known for their family-oriented culture that embraces new ideas, collaboration, and empowers their employees across all levels of the organization.
As the Chief Operating Officer and member of the Executive Team, you will provide inspiration, leadership, and direction for the organization. You will build and maintain relationships with department heads, executives, and other organizational stakeholders to ensure open lines of communications exist to facilitate the timely and efficient communication of policies, procedures, knowledge, etc. exist across the entire organization.
To excel in this position, you will need to be:
- A strategic partner to the organization and a driver of results and growth by seeing challenges as opportunities, maintaining a sense of urgency, being decisive, collaborative, & process-oriented
- Focused on the big picture with a growth and profitability mindset
- A well-organized and detail-oriented motivator and influencer
- A strong communicator who is comfortable interacting and able to build trusting relationships at every level
- A developer of others by providing empathetic guidance, holding others accountable, being collaborative, available and adaptable.
- A relentless learner, maintain relevant functional expertise while being prepared for growth and the constant evolution of the industry
- An independent thinker, contributing to the knowledge and growth of the organization with independent opinions and perspectives.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily business operations of a $30 million television broadcasting company.
- Implement the vision and strategy laid out by the executive team consisting of the CEO, COO, and CFO, ensuring a consistent message throughout the organization.
- Establish, negotiate and maintain business, technical and creative contacts with national broadcast networks, business partners, MVPDs, local organizations, etc.
- Leading, facilitating and inspiring collaboration across departments of Traffic, Sales, News, Production, Marketing, Operations, and Engineering.
- Lead, support and/or collaborate with department heads on their responsibilities and provide effective, efficient, accurate, and timely interaction to facilitate their success within the organization and in so doing hold managers and employees accountable for their performance.
- Conduct consistent assessment of the organization, including processes, operations, overall model, and strengths/weaknesses to make recommendations that enhance long term growth and competitiveness.
- Work with the executives and when necessary, department heads, to analyze potential merger and acquisition targets.
- In cooperation with the CFO, oversee all corporate reporting to local and national regulatory bodies.
- Design, establish, maintain, and enforce policies and procedures for reporting departments and the organization as a whole.
- Advise executives and stakeholders on the operational impact of contracts, mergers, acquisitions, etc. of holdings outside of the main core broadcasting business.
- Work in tandem with the CEO, CFO, and Asset Manager to effectively manage over $60 million in commercial and residential real estate holdings.
- Develop and nurture company culture by motivating and inspiring across all levels of the organization; leveraging both direct and indirect resources to accomplish shared objectives.
- Bachelor`s degree from a four-year college or university; Masters Degree from and accredited Business school; ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- M&A and integration experience required
- Must be dynamic and multifaceted individual should be able connect with various vendors, customers and employees and be able to communicate/apply their experiences to different industries.
- Ties to Michigan or the Midwest preferred
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: