Job #: 34705
Title: Reliability Engineer
Job Location: Marion, Indiana - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Want a promotable candidate! JOB DESCRIPTION
This position will play a leadership role in the establishment/management of proactive preventative maintenance / reliability strategies in a highspeed packaging and food facility. Reliability Engineer may also act as a leader within maintenance. Analyze maintenance and operating methods, as well as equipment failures including root cause analysis and implement practices to cost effectively improve on stream equipment reliability. Effective usage of maintenance planning, scheduling and execution processes using the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Works with Project Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- Participates in the final check out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility the Reliability Engineer applies:
- Data analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Six Sigma (6) Methodology
- Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including:
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Remaining useful life
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- Bachelors degree in engineering.
- Solid knowledge in the application of reliability tools.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, organize and carry out work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with various levels of staff on technical issues.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Proficient at the use of MS Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Project) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS). Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Certified Reliability Leader (CRL) desired.
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a high degree of product and process complexity.
- Experience in Food Manufacturing and design/build project management.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a matrixed, functional organization with the ability to influence stakeholders in various functional groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: