Job #: 34732
Title: Logistics Manager
Job Location: , Kansas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a logistics coordinator to join a growing commodities company in Kansas. This person will be responsible for collaborating with merchants and developing relationships with transportation carriers. This person should have an understanding of how logistics drives accounting and trade. The ideal candidate will have experience with flat-priced commodities and a general interest of working in the ag industry. We are looking for someone with a strong sense of urgency that has the ability to build relationships with grower. Significant experience with scheduling is ideal. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Collaborate with merchants to move freight within contract terms with a focus on lowering freight costs and adding volume.
- Develop and maintain relationships with transportation carriers and transloaders.
- Negotiate rates with carriers, railroads, and transloaders
- Bill rail cars, create truck BOLS and customs documents, ensure COAs are filled out and accurately, review all freight bills for accuracy and ensure smooth and timely delivery to accounting staff.
- Develop relationships with logistics counterparts and producers to ensure smooth movement of freight and documents.
- Follow regional weather issues, frost laws, and other outside forces including geopolitical that may pose risks to current and future freight.
- Ask questions of producers and truckers to add potential accounts with the help of location merchants.
- Use DBC to glean information as to how much freight $$ merchants have accrued.
- Understand how logistics drives accounting and trade
- Understand freight spreads, flow, and movement in Northwest Trade Regions market zones
- Track, build, and maintain database of rates, carriers, and transloaders.
- 1-2 years of experience with flat priced commodities
- Bachelors degree (B.S.) in Logistics Management, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration are preferred.
- Documentation of ability to work with and communicate with many disciplines in the organization.
- Willing to work in a mission-minded, fast-paced, growth-oriented, demanding environment.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: