Job #: 34730
Title: Property Tax Supervisor
Job Location: Memphis, Tennessee - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Tremendous exposure throughout the senior leadership team. Opportunity to learn the business drivers at the plant locations and play a significant role in the appeals process. JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Property Tax, candidate will perform property tax processes (data gathering, balance sheet to fixed asset reconciliation, return preparation, assessed value review, valuation appeals, tax bill payments, and audits) for company owned facilities. Candidate will ensure compliance with all mandatory filing statutes within states conducts business and ensure compliance with Financial Policies. Candidate will perform value added projects to achieve tax savings for the facilities through valuation appeals and the pursuit of tax abatement and incentive opportunities.
- Collection and analysis of company information needed for preparing property tax returns. This includes data from SAP, DigIt, BPC, and other internal and external sources.
- Review data gathered from finance teams to identify asset tax liability and obsolescence opportunities.
- Using PTMS compliance software, prepare and timely file assigned property tax returns to the proper assessing authorities.
- Review assessment notices for accuracy and valuation of real and personal property. Research tax issues and prepare valuation support including analysis of obsolescence. Negotiate informal assessment reductions and settlements.
- Post noticed values and calculate estimated tax liabilities.
- When required, evaluate appeal positions and make formal appeal recommendations to the Sr. Mgr. Property Tax.
- With Sr. Manager Assistance, prepare data and information for formal appeal presentations. When applicable, attend formal appeal level hearings.
- Support all questions from State and Local taxing jurisdictions related to return filing and billing requirements.
- Support inquiries from various internal business groups, outsourced consultants and outside compliance team.
- Coordinate and review work performed by outsourced consultants.
- Participate in the coordination of all external and internal tax related audits
- Review tax bills for accuracy and process for payment.
- Help train and mentor less experienced Property Tax staff members.
- Assist in other Tax Department areas or in other related departments as needed in special projects.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CMI in property tax is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Prior knowledge of property tax compliance software: PTMS, SAP fixed assets, project system, and financial accounting modules a plus.
- Prior appeal preparation, negotiation, and presentation at formal hearings required.
- 10+ years of property tax experience preferred.
- Tax incentive experience a plus.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: