Job #: 34749
Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is one of the longest standing privately held news organizations in the Nation. They are moving from printing newspapers to having everything fully digital. They are extrememly stable and well funded. JOB DESCRIPTION
Senior Software Engineer
Our Client is currently seeking a senior level Software Engineer to work on the software development team. The companys websites and mobile apps continue the strong legacy of providing online news and information nationwide, and we will continue to elevate and illuminate our readers as we expand our journalism to meet them wherever they are. This position will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
This Software Engineer will be responsible for development, and maintenance of technology for parts of deseret.com and other related web sites and apps. The ideal candidate needs to have experience with high traffic websites, excellent communication skills, and be willing and excited to learn new skills and technologies.
At a minimum, youre a candidate if you can demonstrate:
- 4 or more years of current experience with web software development technologies and tools including:
- Self motivated to learn new and emerging technologies
- Must be a strong team and individual motivator with a positive attitude who enjoys working with others. Ability to work independently in addition to collaborative work on large projects with team members, including stakeholders, product owners, designers, and other developers
- Goal-oriented person with high personal drive, integrity, and energy
- Maintenance of existing enterprise web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication
An Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with PHP MVC frameworks, namely Symfony
- Experience working with front end technologies: React.js and ES6+
- An understanding of best practices and design principles as it pertains to architecting web applications.
- Experience working with consuming and writing GraphQL and REST APIs
- Experience working with source control, specifically GIT
- Experience developing within a virtualized environment using docker
- Experience working with AWS and managing infrastructure as code with services like, Terraform, Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
Its a bonus if you have:
- Experience working with asset management systems like npm and composer. Using transpilers for frontend assets like webpack, babel, and using SCSS for styles
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology and use of project/story tracking software (Clubhouse, JIRA, Trello or similar)
- Experience optimizing and working with high traffic web sites using caching and scalability technologies
You will join an energetic group of colleagues who aspire to the best processes for development that fit our team. Our team members don`t take themselves too seriously, but we are serious about working together as digital innovators.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: