Job #: 34574
Title: Project Manager (HVAC Construction)
Job Location: San Francisco, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
Only Northern CA candidates that are currently local. For the HVAC / Mechanical Construction Industry.
Looking to hire an organized, timely and respectful HVAC construction project manager with a minimum of 10 years of mechanical commercial / institutional management experience to work in our office. The project manager must have short and long term processing skills and demonstrate the ability to understand and comply with the contractual requirements of the company, the project and provide clear and accurate documentation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:.
- Leading mechanical conversations during project coordination meetings.
- Organize, file, and track all project coordination and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain bid packages to subcontractors and vendors.
- Manage subcontractor scope and performance contractual requirements
- Scope out subcontractors and vendors and issue purchase orders.
- Manage all project control procedures and develop additional items as needed.
- Manage and mentor project engineers, field employees, and other office staffs growth and performance through feedback and communication.
- Review, formalize, and approve documentation for the successful tracking of projects, including submittals, schedules, schedule of values, billings, requests for information, requests for change orders, change orders, project start-up, close out, O&Ms, and as-builts, and warranties.
- Manage all manpower requirements for your projects.
- Manage work sequences, long lead items, procurement, and project schedules.
- Manage testing and inspection records, permits, and occupancy notifications.
- Learn all software programs utilized in the day-to-day business operations of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basis of Evaluation:
- Effective control of deliveries to coincide with schedules and progress billing.
- Projects consistently meet or exceed expected profit objectives.
- Ability to maintain costs and projection information in the job costing system.
- Completion of monthly progress reports including all current subcontract amounts, material purchases, and change orders.
- Completion of monthly billings and processing of subcontractor invoices.
- Timely review, approval, and submission of RFI`s, requests for change orders, change orders, and progress billings for your projects.
- Proper documentation of all projects reflecting the flow of the project (required should we ever have cause to litigate).
- Ability to prepare and run meetings in a clear and concise manner following up on all committed action items.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a can-do problem solving attitude.
- Must be an excellent listener and communicator.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical contracting is required.
- Bachelor degree in a Construction related profession or similar is preferred but not required.
- Must present a strong, confident and professional image.
- Knowledge of 2010 California Building Code.
Benefits include the following:
- Competitive salary (doe).
- Medical and dental benefits.
- 401k retirement plan.
- Life Insurance.
- Long Term Disability Insurance.
- FSA insurance.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid sick time.
How to Apply: