Job #: 33025
Title: Engineering Manager: Tier I Automotive / Injection Molding
Job Location: Fort Worth, Texas - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a large Tier I Automotive supplier that has an opportunity for Engineering Manager at their plant located east of Fort Worth, Texas. The successful candidate will have at least 5 to 7 years experience working as Engineering Manager or similar within a Tier I automotive supplier environment at the plant level.
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of CLIENT employees as described in the Work Plant Rules and Work Safety Rules.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of CLIENT to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor or EH&S in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks. Help determine process and equipment ergonomic assessments
- Perform MRA, Routine and non-Routine Hazard Analysis as required
- Understand and follow proper LOTO policies and procedures. Implement as needed.
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments in all areas of your assigned department per the established procedures and work guidance.
- Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
- Clean all assigned work areas after completion of the required work according to 5s standards.
- Maintain proper etiquette when using company radios, PA system and/or phone, cellular phone and computer/IT resources and ensure its business use only.
- Maintain professionalism when representing the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Duties:
- Oversees and Directs all facets of product engineering and manufacturability of the products in a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier.
- Develop and mentor employees in Engineering (Process, Tooling, Manufacturing, Program Launch, Controls) and IT Departments.
- Daily interaction with Quality and Operations departments
- Prioritize department objectives and tasks as related to field and production needs
- Manage and direct new product launch, tooling, equipment moves and business transfers
- Support new program from the APQP phase through launch and production
- Strategic analysis and tracking of scrap and machine downtime, working in conjunction with Technical Department
- Spare Parts Establishing critical spare parts.
- Maintain and Update Plant Layouts
- IATF16949 and ISO14001 Audit policy and procedures (create and maintain)
- PM/TPM creation. Critical PM planning
- Understanding of MTBF and MTTF concepts
- Bachelors degree with 7-10 years of experience in a related field
- Excellent computer including typing and the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- (5) Five or more years experience Supervising in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a Tier 1 Automotive and/or Injection Molding Environment.
- Ability to read, write and perform non-complex mathematical calculations
- Experienced in tooling and equipment, blueprint reading and comprehension
- Workflow Analysis, capital expenditure justifications, project management
- Direct Labor utilization experience
- Must be a team player having excellent communication, organization, negotiation and interpersonal skills as well as analytical skills
- Must be able to function in a fast pace and high demanding environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task and follow direction
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: