Job #: 33855
Title: Sr. Quality Technician / CMM Operator
Job Location: Strasburg, Virginia - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Over Time
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a large World Class Tier I automotive supplier with over 20,000 employees. This successful company is in the process of filling a Sr. CMM Operator / Quality Technician position at their plant located south of Winchester, VA. The successful candidate will have 3 to 10 years experience working as CMM Operator, Quality Technician, Metrologist or similar within a high paced manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
Position Summary: Responsible for the inspection and testing of complex parts using CMM Equipment, inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers and height gages. Requires the use of part drawings, CAD information, and specifications to ensure product meets requirements.
- Generates and operates CMM programs to complete dimensional layouts of parts as required for engineering evaluation, customer submission, and to resolve production problems. Developing and completing reports as necessary.
- Dimensionally validates parts, tools and equipment using handheld measuring instruments. Developing and completing reports as necessary.
- Completes functional and mechanical testing per standard work instructions.
- Maintains the calibration of all lab and measuring equipment ensuring traceability to NIST standards and maintaining appropriate records.
- Maintains and cleans all checking fixtures and associated equipment.
- Adheres to all IATF-16949 and ISO1400 requirements
Competencies / Qualifications:
- High School diploma / GED Preferred
- Experience working in a CMM Precision Measuring and Laboratory environment.
- Ability to read and interpret part drawings and specifications. Including the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing requirements.
- Experience with computer aided programming and operation of Coordinate Measuring Machines.
- Capable of programming CMM using Open-DMIS or PC-DMIS and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Capable of working independently as well as a member of a group.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities.
- Ability to lift and move test components, fixtures, and test samples weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
How to Apply: