Job #: 31990
Title: Senior Quantitative Researcher - High Frequency Trading
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Salary: $350,000.00 - $450,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
join a brand new group at major prop trading house JOB DESCRIPTION
leading quantitative investment company focused on computer-driven trading in global financial markets. They are a team of researchers, engineers, and financial industry professionals using sophisticated statistical models to analyze data and identify predictive signals to generate superior investment returns. investment teams each focus on their independent strategies while utilizing the firms proprietary, state-of-the-art technology and data platform to optimize their alpha research. Strong implementation of scientific and mathematical methods to explore, isolate, and solve problems in the global financial markets. .
The Senior Quantitative Researcher will join high-frequency trading team focusing on developing alpha-driven trading strategies on the global markets using scientifically rigorous research and cutting-edge technology. This role will work closely with the team leader and other members on data processing, signal generation, modeling, strategy simulation and calibration, and developing the teams research pipeline and simulation environments. This is a rare opportunity for an experienced researcher to join a well-positioned team at an early stage to deliver measurable and long-lasting PnL impact while collaborating with individuals with proven experience building some of the most profitable high-frequency strategies in the world.
- Contribute to and drive research projects with heavy PnL impact, including alpha signal generation, statistical modeling and machine learning, strategy simulation and calibration, post-trade analysis, and so forth.
- Develop or improve the teams research pipeline and simulation environments
- Write production trading strategies (C++)
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in a STEM major
- Strong intuition, hands-on mentality, and keen interest in playing with data
- Knowledge of statistics, statistical modeling or machine learning techniques and knowing whether, when and how to apply them in data-driven research
- Programming skills in C++
- Programming skills in Python or other scripting languages
- Ideally 4+ years of working experience in quantitative trading, preferably in high-frequency trading
- Demonstrated ability to write well-documented code
- Passion for building research pipelines and tools
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant experience in alpha generation or strategy research in quantitative trading, preferably in high-frequency trading
- Significant experience in building research pipelines and tools for quantitative trading that process large volume of data in cloud or distributed computing environments
- Significant experience in trading equities and/or futures in US and other major global markets
- Strong publication record in machine learning, statistical modeling, optimization, signal processing, computer vision, natural language processing or a similar data-driven research field, e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AAAI, KDD, JMLR, PAMI, etc. for machine learning
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: