Job #: 31831
Title: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Hartford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Join and youll be part of a team that leads science, innovation, and technology on different industry fronts. Working here will provide you with an exciting and motivating career full of development and growth opportunities throughout our businesses. We are a global company that prides itself on having passionate, diverse and dedicated employees who work together to achieve uncommon results.
This opportunity is located within our Aerospace & Defense Company business, a global leader of mission-critical hardware and systems solutions including precision energetics systems and innovative explosive solutions.
This position will primarily support one Value Stream. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of quality engineering.
Develop product specific quality programs that comply with customer requirements and achieve cost and delivery expectations.
Determine root cause and implement corrective actions for customer complaints and product defects.
Host external quality audits and participate in internal quality audits.
Participates in new product development and product failure investigations.
Use statistical methods to improve product quality and reduce defects.
Conduct GR&R and process capability studies.
Interface with a variety of personnel in support of production including operators, quality engineers, inspectors, shop floor supervisors, program managers, product engineers and design engineers.
Maintain product First Article status in accordance with customer and AS9102
- Interface with suppliers and customers concerning program quality requirements.
The successful candidate must have a BS/MS in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical engineering and 3+ years of experience in quality engineering.
Required experience includes:
- Interfacing with customers and suppliers concerning product quality.
- Interpreting customer specifications and then designing and implementing an effective quality program.
- ISO 9000/AS 9100 quality systems.
- Must have production floor experience, defect reduction, and process improvement.
- Must have experience in root cause/corrective and preventive action and the ability to lead project teams and customers through the analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite software.
- Significant experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement and strong problem solving skills.
- Must be US Citizen.
3 yrs with MS,5 Yrs with BS-ENGINEERING.Should come from New England or have ties here. QUALIFICATIONS
BSEE or BSME or BSEngineering.MUST have experience in Electromechanical components or devices.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: