Job #: 31685
Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Job Location: Hartford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Security in this 75 Plus Year Old Company & Growth.Business is Booming and Coronvirus is NOT stopping them from hiring.Top Benefits.Reasonable cost living.35 Minutes from Connecticut Shoreline.90 minutes to either Boston or New York.Candidate MUST have a Manufacuring background.This is an Engineering-oriented Quality Position-NOT Inspection or Compliance.Enjoy a Rural environment with easy access to the Cities, without the High-Price of NY or Boston.MUST be US Citizen.Strongly Prefer New England,NY.NJ resdient who rents. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Senior Quality Engineer works under the general direction of the Quality Assurance Manager and is responsible for establishment, control, and audit of manufacturing inputs and outputs to ensure compliance to internal, regulatory and customer quality assurance requirements within a manufacturing environment.Position IS in Meriden,Connecticut.Relocation Provided
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads efforts in manufacturing by providing specification review and implementation to assure process integrity.
- Prepares and administers training and instructional materials for personnel to obtain and maintain proper certifications. Performs internal audits as required for all required, planned audits.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating continuous improvement activities.
- Apply knowledge to identify process improvements as well as coordinate and implement corrective/preventative actions.
- Leads, implements, and tracks progress of innovation initiatives to continuously drive improvements to overall cost of poor quality. Effectively interface with internal customers to support contractual requirements and provide technical support.
- Possess a working knowledge of AS9100/ISO9001 Quality System requirements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining positive internal and external customer relationship through timely response, thorough communication, and preventative action, based upon customer requirements.
- Prepare Customer documentation, such as but not limited to, Quality System checklists, first article inspection plans and audit readiness reviews.
- Maintain accurate records of inspection data and procedures.
- Uses metrics to track performance and initiate corrective action, where necessary.Qualifications
Education: Bachelor`s degree Engineering or Science
- 4-7 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of AS9100/ISO 9001.
- Working familiarity with common Quality methodologies such as SPC, Six Sigma and Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action.
- Ability to read complex blueprints, technical charts and specification sheets.
- Effective oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team/collaborative environment.
MUST be US Citizen.No job Hoppers.Mfg Experience required, preferably in Electromechanical.
Job Type: Full-time QUALIFICATIONS
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: