Job #: 31085
Title: Director, Actuary- LTC Valuation
Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia - United States
Salary: $140,000.00 - $155,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Annual bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Opportunity to join a global financial services/insurance leader with excellent executive leadership, culture and career development. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Long-Term Care (LTC) Valuation Team is responsible for the analysis of actuarial reserves and related reports in GAAP, Statutory, Tax, and other valuation bases modeled in Moodys AXIS.
The Director of LTC Valuation will analyze and explain reserve movements, to meet regulatory and company reporting requirements, and to plan and review ongoing model enhancements and process improvements.
- Perform valuation results analysis for Active Lives and Disabled Lives, using GAAP and Statutory reserve rollforwards, Source of Earnings analysis and other tools to explain reserve movement drivers
- Facilitate the quarterly model update cycle for valuation functions by planning and reviewing ongoing model changes
- Respond to questions from other actuarial and finance teams, senior management, auditors, regulators, reinsurers and other interested parties
- FSA ( Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) or ASA with commensurate experience
- 5 + years of relevant work experience within the insurance industry
- BA/BS Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or comparable major
- Must have either 1) Strong AXIS modeling skills or deep modeling experience with other leading actuarial software (MG-Alpha, PolySystems) AND either LTC (Long Term Care) experience or LTD (Long Term Disability)
- Proficiency in GAAP, Statutory and Tax financial reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge of AXIS actuarial software or similar actuarial modeling software (AMG-Alpha, PolySystems)
- Knowledge of SQL /SAS and other programming languages
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: