Job #: 31084
Title: Associate Actuary-Strategic Pricing
Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia - United States
Salary: $115,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Annual bonus 20%
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Opportunity to join a global financial services leader with excellent executive leadership, work/life balance, culture and professional growth. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Associate of Strategic Pricing will identify, price, and implement new, innovative solutions that help maximize the value of in-force Long Term Disability, Life, Long Tern Care and Annunities. The main responsibility is to perform extensive analysis that yields actionable insights and assists in developing business strategy around these insights.
- Support in-force management initiatives related to Long Term Disability and Long Term Care insurance blocks that translate into policyholder alternatives and meet regulatory requirements.
- Develop and enhance projection models used for new alternative pricing and in-force analytics.
- Develop tools and processes to aid in further understanding the impacts of policyholder behavior
- Develop insights from analysis and make recommendations to senior management regarding implications of findings and proposed actions
- Support the development of policyholder options that mitigate the impact of rate actions for policyholders
- Work corss-functional areas on a variety of in-force management initiatives
- Support other Strategic Pricing goals and objectives.
- Support special project requests for analysis / actuarial assistance.
- BA/BS Degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Science, Actuarial Science, Business/Finance, related major
- ASA certification
- Significant modeling experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic programming skills and experience in Microsoft applications of Excel, VBA, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to perform thorough research, understanding inputs, sources of data, downstream impacts both within and outside of areas of direct control / responsibility
- Lont Term Care ( LTC) insurance experience
- Experience with GGY AXIS
- Programming skills in SQL, R, SAS
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: