Job #: 29959
Title: Systems Engineer II
Job Location: Norwalk, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: no
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Terrific comapny, very highly rated by it`s employees.
This job can be located in Norwalk, CT Boston, MA or Rochester NY
A real tech-oriented firm with a Silicon Valley feel on the East Coast. State-of-the-art technology with benefits to match; unlimited PTO and Flex hours. This one will go quick! JOB DESCRIPTION
Does This Describe You:
You`re a team player who`s not afraid to take on a challenge alone.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Install, maintain, monitor, and update VoIP and telecom systems, servers and gateways.
- Maintains VoIP system documentation including user guides, procedures, configurations and standards.
- Create, automate, provision, and deploy Linux-based operating systems/applications rapidly and at a very large scale
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure
- Think out of the box and solve complex scaling challenges
- Provide engineering support to level 1 teams and answer emails from end users and system administrators with regards to the operation of Asterisk
- Experience with Asterisk and/or other Voice over IP (VoIP) systems with a 400+ phone setup
- Understanding of principles of voice and data communications
- General telephony understanding and experience configuring various VoIP Phones
- Knowledgeable in IP Telephony, unified communications, data networking, telecommunications, video technologies and Call Center
- Bachelor`s degree in IT/IS, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience
- Some experience/epertise in a Linux environement
- You excel under pressure in an energized environment
- You write good documentation for other team members to learn from
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
- You love learning new skills and are an excellent teammate
- You have excellent time management skills and are willing to take on tasks outside of your normal responsibilities
- Willing to work off-hours support as needed including on-call rotation
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: