Job #: 28597
Title: Production Lead - 2nd & 3rd Shifts USDA Pet Food Plant
Job Location: Dallas, Texas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Startup Pet Food Company - new plant! JOB DESCRIPTION
Production Shift Lead reporting to Production Manager for USDA pet food plant startup to plan, direct, and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing USDA FOOD products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. This plant is manufacturing and supplying unique premium dried USDA pork & beef pet food ingredients together with extracting feed stocks from biomass for the renewable fuel industry. This is a 24x7 production facility requiring a Shift Lead to work on 2nd and/or 3rd shifts. Plant is located on the southwest corridor of Dallas about 25 minutes south of downtown Dallas.
Production experience from a USDA raw meat - beef - poultry - pork rendering, slaughter or food production facilities processing animal bi-products.
The company actively participate in industry associations including PFI and AFIA as well as the Pet Sustainability Coalition. Company introduced a shelf-stable dried beef which is unique booth with respect to source materials and process.
- Monitor and evaluate all production lines, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; make recommendations for improvement on shift.
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Develop and implement plant performance tracking or systems, analyzing efficiency, yield, waste, down time and labor cost.
- Full shift responsibility for over production staff including determining work load, delegating assignments, training, monitoring, evaluating performance and coaching.
- Participate in all required training sessions.
- Follow all Company food safety protocols without fail.
- Always perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
- Cooperate with managers and other leaders to ensure all Company legal and ethical requirements are met.
- Comply with all company rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and GMP Good Manufacturing Practices
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of USDA (meat/poultry/beef/pork) raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of Food goods.
- Education - Bachelor`s Degree (four-year college or university) preferred
- Experience - 3 years related experience in Manufacturing in raw USDA Food, Rendering, Slaughter plants
- Shifts - ability to work 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Certifications - HACCP/HARP, BRC or SQF protocols
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices and USDA guidelines as they related to food manufacturing.
- Plant start-up or plant expansion experience highly desired
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: