Job #: 28429
Title: Test Engineer - Electrical Testing and Validation
Job Location: Santa Barbara, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Relocation, Tuition, strong Medical
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Relocation Assistance to California Available
Highly respected medical device company seeks an Electrical Test Engineer to support their advanced R&D Engineering efforts. Will test both product and processes, perform validation activities, develop test fixtures and automated test methodologies. Will also mentor junior engineers.
Client is seeking a self-starter with initiative who can handle projects, coordinate test activities, handle corrective actions, reduce scrap and improve efficiencies.
Outstanding opportunity which offers:
- Strong career path with path to supervisory responsibilities.
- Personal responsibilities for challenging R&D & Engineering projects
- Mentor and train junior-level engineers and technicians.
- Team environment with highly skilled EEs
- Use principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems
- Analyze test results in relation to specifications and test objectives and develop equipment to simplify the test processes and reduce time
- Develop small to mid-sized projects in LabVIEW, MATLAB or similar programming language with little to no supervision
- Write verification and validation protocols, perform tests and write V&V Reports
- Present test records / results in numerical and graphical form in order to make data driven decisions
- Manage tasks related to multiple projects, prioritize and respond to special assigned projects
- Perform Failure Analysis to component level, analyze and document results
- Coordinate test activities with suppliers, corrective actions, address line fallout to improve yields, reduce scrap and improve efficiencies
- Train / mentor junior engineers and technicians
- Bachelor of Science required in engineering, physics or computer science or similar technical field.
- Solid relevant Electrical Testing experience required.
- Strong knowledge of electronic design, analog and high-speed digital circuit design and electro-mechanical design
- Ability to read and analyze schematics and electrical engineering drawings.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and optimizing Electrical Test Processes
- Strong experience in system analysis, testing and troubleshooting (digital and analog) to root cause
- Accountability to project deliverables including timing and budget requirements
- Understanding of applicable medical device regulations for electrical safety and EMI/EMC
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO guidelines for the development of medical devices.
- Preferred: Knowledge of camera systems including optics preferred
- Preferred: Experience LabVIEW (Vision, CLAD/CLD), MATLAB preferred
Additional Preferred Skills re Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment
- LabVIEW (Vision, CLAD/CLD), Visual Basic, MATLAB
- Altium schematic capture, PCB layout, Soldering and desoldering skills
- Bench top testing and troubleshooting with typical lab equipment.
- Proficient in the use of test equipment including, oscilloscopes, RF test equipment, digital multi-meter, Logic Analyzers, video test equipment (waveform monitors, lumens measurement equipment, light box)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: