Job #: 27957
Title: Sr Underwriter
Job Location: El Monte, California - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Asian/American Bank - a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Following established policies and department procedures, responsible for underwriting mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit.
- The Senior Mortgage Underwriter position is responsible for underwriting conventional, jumbo home loans and home equity lines of credit following established company and agency guidelines and ensuring compliance with applicable government rules and regulations.
- Ideal candidates will be service-focused with excellent time-management and communication skills, have the ability to multi-task, and must be detail oriented.
- The Senior Mortgage Underwriting Officer may be responsible to train and review the work of new and less experienced underwriters.
The incumbent has no direct reports.
- Underwrites mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit in compliance with the banks established or investor credit guidelines.
- Conducts initial and final underwriting reviews and render decisions within the regulatory required and internal service level timeframes.
- Ensures compliance with Bank, regulatory and credit requirements with emphasis on providing excellent customer experience while adhering to given deadlines.
- Assists mortgage loan originators in understanding loan conditions.
- Respond to audits and post-closing issues in a timely manner.
- Education: College graduate with major in accounting or business preferred or related experience.
- Experience: 5-7 years mortgage lending and banking experience with good knowledge of lending regulations and credit/collateral analysis practices.
- Skills/Ability: PC proficient. Good verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual HIGHLY PREFERRED Cantonese or Mandarin
Organized and detail oriented. Able to develop working knowledge of Banks credit underwriting policies and approval process for assigned loans. Ability to analyze complex credit transactions and strong problem-solving skills. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high production environment. Strong analytical skills with the ability to think outside the box and develop viable solutions within scope of applicable laws and regulations.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: