Job #: 27836
Title: Assistant Project Manager - Construction
Job Location: Hickory, North Carolina - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our partner is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to aid with the immense growth they have experienced in the last year. This company exceeds expectations, while still staying true to their core values. They aim to bring quality to each project that they produce, which is apparent based on their reputation. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Assistant Project Manager
- Develop strong relationships with clients, design team and other outside parties critical to a project`s success; ensure close collaboration and communication.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with subcontractors and vendors; treat them fairly and professionally in all interactions and set an example for others to do the same.
- Assist in deploying the project strategy and meeting established profit goals.
- Assist in communicating accurate project schedule information to subs/suppliers regarding schedule dates and coordination among all trades.
- Monitor and maintain the procurement schedule; proactively identify and resolve problems, track status of the schedule on a weekly basis and make updates and adjustments timely and accurately.
- Assist in the submittal process; track submittal status and follow up on open items, review and distribute submittals to Architect/subcontractors in a timely manner and cross check the submittal log against the procurement schedule.
- Assist in writing and issuing all RFIs (Request for Information) and follow up to ensure timely responses are provided by the Architect and Engineers and the information is distributed appropriately to the field and to affected subcontractors and vendors.
- Adhere to and promote risk management and safety policies and procedures and partner with the PM and Superintendent to ensure they are followed.
- Assist throughout the permitting and Certificate of Occupancy processes, as well as punch list execution.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor`s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or relevant field
- 2+ years experience assisting construction projects
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Assisted in estimating project scope and costs
- Provided on-site management of construction projects
- Managed projects with subcontractors
- Has communicated with clients and subcontractors
- OSHA Certification (plus)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: