Job #: 27631
Title: Operations Manager, R&D
Job Location: Piscataway, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Are you interested in working for a Global Leader and Fortune Company and running your own operation? Are you a Chemical or Mechanical Engineer with leadership experience in an R&D organization. If so, this may be a role for you. Industry leader is seeking a Pilot Plant Operations Manager to oversee the development and commercialization of new products/processes for one of this company`s newest and fastest growing business units. Excellent benefits, competitive salary and bonus and comprehensive relocation. Commutable from most of Central and North Jersey and parts of Eastern PA. JOB DESCRIPTION
Will have responsibility for the operation of the pilot plant including supervision of pilot plant staff, facility and utility projects and maintenance programs. Will oversee process development, scale-up, and efficiency improvement of new and existing products. Duties include:
- Manage a team of Operations and Maintenance personnel to maintain safe and efficient pilot facilities for the process engineers to conduct R&D activities.
- Maintain pilot plant process equipment, facilities and utilities in optimal working conditions.
- Identify and implement upgrades to pilot plant facilities and utilities, and maintenance program.
- Ensure compliance with all company and regulatory requirements for safety, environmental and GMPs.
- Working with process engineers on installation of new process equipment and process modifications.
- Manage all capital requests and approvals process and oversee internal and external resources for operations and maintenance projects.
- BS in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical) with 7+ years experience, preferably in an R&D/ Pilot Plant environment in the chemical, food, nutritional or pharmaceutical industry.
- 3+ years of Operations and Engineering management experience.
- Previous experience in Plant/ Maintenance Engineering with solid project management skills. Ability to handle and lead both long-term projects and short-term problem solving needs.
- Strong problem solving capabilities as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable in Safety, Environmental and GMP compliance
- Some knowledge in process control/ automation.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: