Job #: 27065
Title: Application Sales Engineer
Job Location: Naperville, Illinois - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: $27K Target Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great company, great benefits and opportunity for advancement for a world-wide Multi-billion dollar company JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client, a leading supplier of products to the Food & Beverage Industry, is looking for an Application Sales Engineer in the Pleasanton, CA area to join this growing team. You will cover the Western U.S. with local and overnight travel up to 50% and sometimes more.
As one of our Applications Sales Engineers, you will be responsible for selling value added technology based chemical/gas applications in collaboration with the Account Managers through their strong technical ability into the Food & Beverage Industry
Prospect evaluation, technical solution design, value creation and capture determinations, proposal writing and presentation, process change management leadership, and support of the account manager in closing the deal. The ASE will perform the application start-up. In addition, the ASE is responsible to assist the account manager in growth and renewal of existing business and identification of prospects. The ASE is also responsible for getting deals in a team selling environment.
- To create, grow, and maintain sales of industrial gas products and technical solutions to new and existing customers in the Food & Beverage Industry.
- To be the technical expert that differentiates company from competition and drives profitable sales using the company`s sales process for both the acquisition of new customers and the growth and retention of existing customers
- Differentiate company`s equipment and solution offerings from competitors by understanding prospect/customer needs and objectives and applying creativity, innovation, and a value-added sales approach to improve customers manufacturing processes
- Supports the sales and market segment personnel (e.g., opportunity qualification, design of technical solution and determination of value creation, understanding of customer/prospect feedback regarding solution, support in development of solution cost, proposal development for technical solutions) in winning business in a team effort
- Gains understanding of competitive gas supply agreement terms
- Maintains the existing customer base through customer process knowledge and technical expertise and assists in relationship selling
- Responsible for obtaining insight regarding industry trends and opportunities for development of new application technologies or improvement of existing equipment
- Builds relationships with multiple functions (e.g.., operations, maintenance, engineering) in prospect/customer organizations
- Develops and employs industry network (e.g., industry players, complimentary equipment/service providers, academics) to enhance company prioritization and performance
- Responsible for applications equipment/technical solution design for the target industry working closely with the Applications Equipment Engineering team and Industry Managers Global technical team
- Responsible for actions that are precursors to successful value creation through application of technical solutions such as customer process audits, and safety training and awareness activities. Maintains technical knowledge and competence in company`s applications technologies and services as well as alternative and competitive technical solutions
- You must have bachelors degree in engineering with 2+ years experience
- Experience in the Food and Beverage industry a plus
- Business development/commercial experience and/or aptitude is required
- You must have strong problem solving and analytical skills including good conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are a must
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: