Job #: 26601
Title: Maintenance Storeroom Buyer
Job Location: Rockford, Illinois - United States
Salary: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Medical/Health Benefits start minute one day one! JOB DESCRIPTION
Located at a high speed manufacturing plant in the west Rockford, IL area ensures optimum inventory levels of repair parts and supplies through effective purchasing and storage programs, to keep plant operating in a safe and efficient manner. Determines optimum methods for purchasing and controlling repair materials, plant machinery and auxiliary supplies to prevent problems associated with out-of-stock or over-inflated inventories.
This position does not have direct reports, but works closely with Maintenance Mechanics, Group Leaders, Maintenance Manager, Planner, and provides leadership to other plant personnel using strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Establish effective inventory control program, including setting minimum and economic order quantities, recommending improved storeroom layouts and procedures.
- Purchase necessary MRO materials ensuring availability of parts and supplies for Pecatonica plant operations.
- Expedite incoming materials shipments as necessary and communicate closely with individuals awaiting receipts to prevent interference to plant operations.
- Coordinate prompt handling of receiving documents and invoices to ensure approval and payment to maximize buying discounts.
- Update central and satellite storerooms on a continuous basis by reshelving, rearranging and consolidating stock.Appropriately disposition obsolete items (sell, silent auction, trash, recycle)and review minimum and economic order quantity levels routinely.
- Adhere to indirect buying strategy of Treehouse Foods.
- Process all receiving reports, returned goods, purchase orders in a timely fashion to prevent disruption to plant and accounting operations.
- Locating, sourcing, expediting critical repair parts and recommending satisfactory substitutes for unavailable materials and services.
- Timely and accurate purchases and receipt of materials and supplies are performed through the SAP/ ERP system.
- Negotiation of materials and supplies with vendors based on pricing, quality and delivery.
- Ad hoc reporting for management team
- Knowledge and ability to use ERP and/or CMMS systems which may include writing work orders, looking up work orders, finding parts and writing requisitions to order parts.
- Work primarily during day time hours but will need to flex hours as needed or directed
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor to identify, review, approve, and assign resources for rebuilds, projects, and related activities
- Provide reports, graphs, and charts as required
- CMMS oversight of accuracy and use of data; i.e. equipment list, PMs, etc.
- Receive incoming maintenance and plant supplies and provide detailed documentation. Lead or assist in cycle counting activities.
- Knowledge of plcs, motors and motor controls, transformers and control circuits, bottle filling and case packing equipment, glue systems and maintenance shop equipment.
- Proven mechanical aptitude helpful
- 2-year degree in relevant technical area and/or 7+ years of relevant experience in purchasing and storeroom leadership in a manufacturing environment.
- Related work experience in purchasing, inventory control and expediting.
- Strong understanding of Maintenance Purchasing and Storeroom Principles.
- Familiarity with Lean methods and processes.
- Strong negotiating, communication, organizational, analytical, problems-solving, leadership and quantitative skills.
- Strong background in M.R.O. (maintenance repair and operations) purchasing. Strong understanding of storeroom operations and procedures and ability to interface the two functions to maximize financial opportunities of both. Requires initiative and friendliness.
- Working knowledge of production equipment, preventative maintenance concepts, food safety practices, and employee safety requirements.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: