Job #: 26625
Title: Regional Technical Services Engineer (EE)
Job Location: Charleston, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Global firm with a strong expansion program - join this outstanding growth opportunity! JOB DESCRIPTION
Regional Technical Services Engineer (EE)
Major manufacturer of Carbon Graphite Electrodes
Charleston, SC metro
Reporting to the Director, Global Technical Services, the candidate has the responsibility for providing technical product and steelmaking operations support to our customers in an assigned region in a highly professional, ethical and competent manner. In so doing, maintain or improve profitable sales levels within the region. Perform all duties in accordance with the Quality and Environmental policies and procedures. Other responsibilities would include: implementation of programs at the customers plants designed to improve the performance and/or acceptance of our product; analyzing problems encountered with the use of our product and affecting corrective solutions; providing feedback to the Technical, Manufacturing and Sales & Marketing departments to implement corrective changes to the process; aiding in the design of new products; supporting Marketing and Sales strategies or providing information necessary to make general business decisions with regard to manufacturing, raw material selection, product design or Sales and Marketing plans.
Description of Responsibilities
- Work with customer base to improve their operation and our products value to the customer.
- Conduct all work activities maintaining high awareness of safety and loss control goals for the plant and its employees.
- Support management efforts to maintain a non-union work environment.
- Fully support the accomplishment of established expense budget levels.
- Look for ways to reduce the costs of travel and or other related items associated with production costs.
- Interface with customers as necessary to assist in the Sales and Marketing effort to secure and promote new business.
- Provide professionally oriented technical services to all of the accounts within my assigned region and throughout the customer base as needed.
- Educate myself with all of the equipment and or procedures in each account that relate to the use of graphite electrodes and the steel making process.
- Maintain surveillance of competitive material quality and provide feedback to Product and Process Development, and the Sales and Marketing department and assist in developing counter measures, if necessary, to keep the quality and consistency of our material in a top competitive nature.
- Maintain surveillance of new steel making technologies that may have an impact on the performance, acceptance and/or sale of our product and keep management aware of pertinent changes.
Education: BS Degree - Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum 8 years experience in heavy industry.
- Any prior industrial sales/technical support experiences a plus.
- Steel mill experience a plus but not required
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
- Experienced with MS Office capabilities and basic PLC understanding
- Travel minimum 50%.
- Willing to relocate to Charleston SC area
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: