Job #: 26622
Title: Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Charleston, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Global firm with a strong expansion in progress - Great opportunity to join their exciting growth!! JOB DESCRIPTION
Major manufacturer of Carbon graphite electrodes
Charleston, SC metro
- Maintain safety consideration in project design and in implementation of projects
- Identify scope, engineer solutions, develop estimates, and implement capital projects,
- Provide technical support as necessary to the maintenance department
- Inform the Manager of the work carried out and planned including regular updates of progress.
- Forecast and control costs of assigned projects within the budgets.
- Promote and participate in the development of work procedures of critical tasks.
- Provide technical requirements for the acquisition of spare parts
- Support the needs of the business after normal working hours as needed.
- Assist with the development of expense, departmental and capital budgets.
- Assist in maintaining accurate information in the SAP system.
- Maintain the accuracy of equipment and area prints.
- Provide input to the Manager for the monthly flash report.
- Operate without a lost time accident and promote all safety goals and initiatives.
The prerequisites of this position are as follows:
- Qualified candidates will have completed a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years experience performing electrical, instrumentation, or process control work in a heavy industrial environment.
- Experience should include designing, troubleshooting and maintaining low voltage electrical distribution systems and motor power and control circuits up to 600V.
- Designing, maintaining and troubleshooting medium voltage switchgear, circuit breaker control, metering, cabling, and transformers up to 15kV.
- Designing, maintaining and troubleshooting AC/DC variable speed drives.
- Modifying, troubleshooting, and programming PLCs.
- Candidate needs to be knowledgeable of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required.
- AutoCAD and EasyPower experience are a plus.
- Candidate must possess good soft skills to be able to effectively communicate with both SDK colleagues and contacts outside the company.
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a strong desire to continuously improve their professional skills.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: