Job #: 26648
Title: Director Global Supply Chain
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is the Senior Supply Chain role with a major intwnrational manufacturer of specialty materials serving many markets and headquartered in Phoenix AZ.. If you enjoy challenges, this could be your opportunity to prove yourself. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world. They need a Director of Global Supply Chain to join their management team at corporate headquarters in Arizona.
The Director of Global Supply Chain will provide strategic and operational leadership for global supply chain including relationship management, contracting, strategic commodity management, sourcing selection, key supplier performance management, supplier quality, S&OP and inventory management.
The Director of Global Supply Chain reports directly to the Senior VP of Operations and will provide leadership and direction for the organizations sourcing and material management strategy to ensure global organizational effectiveness and scalability.
- Set the vision, strategic direction, expectations, annual and long-term objectives for supply chain
- Create and strategically adjust departments activities, policies and practices to meet and/or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals.
- Provide direction for purchasing/materials/distribution functions for contracting, procurement, inventory management, supply distribution, supplier quality, and logistics functions
- Develop and manage inventory strategies and policy to optimize inventory turns and cash flow.
- Manage $400M in direct and indirect spend including cost, quality, efficiency and effectiveness metrics while taking appropriate actions to positively impact supplier performance.
- Make targeted results including cost savings, supplier on time delivery and quality.
- Analyze categories of spend to determine potential opportunities regarding cost optimization.
- Produce profitable revenue and manage expenses as a member of the leadership team.
- Develop implement sourcing strategy in support of Global Procurement objectives by cooperating and coordinating to ensure continuity of supply.
- Direct operating procedures concerning the identification, selection, and qualification of suppliers, processing of purchasing requisitions/orders, control of price, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Oversee and ensure proper production control planning and scheduling to meet sales forecasts.
- Manage commodity managers, materials planning & procurement, logistics, and supplier quality
- Hire develop and mentor talent to maximize functional organization value add.
- BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related Masters or MBA preferred.
- 15+ years in Supply Chain function in a complex, multi-site global enterprise.
- 5+ years management experience at Director Level
- Extensive Global Supply Chain Management experience
- Knowledge of business planning, modeling, concepts and tools
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects.
- Ability to navigate political landscape with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of accountability.
- Ability to build trust and understanding across disparate parts of the organization.
- APICS Supply Chain Certification
- Working knowledge of ERP & Materials Planning systems.
- Travel of 25% + domestically and internationally.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: