Job #: 26657
Title: Sr. Commissioning Authority - PE - Sarasota
Job Location: Sarasota, Florida - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Registered Mechanical Engineers for positions with A/E firms, having Cx experience with the mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, sprinkler systems, elevators /escalators, kitchens, fire protection, refrigeration, etc.) in buildings (retail, commercial, educational, offices, hospitals restaurants, senior living facilities, etc.) . Experience must be with US firms, Green Card holders or US citizens, no sponsorship. Please do not submit candidates with Process, Production, Plant, Product, Manufacturing, Industrial, Oil & Gas, Aerospace experience. We are working through HR on this assignment and they will provide little to no assistance or information other than the job description. Also, their process is excruciatingly slow JOB DESCRIPTION
- Reviews equipment submittals and shop drawings for overall compliance with the design intent, owners requirements, and functional testing requirements
- Schedules, coordinates, and conducts opposed season testing and warranty reviews to ensure that the systems are functioning in accordance with the design intent of the contract documents
- Performs site visits to execute inspections using pre-functional checklists, functional performance tests, and the training matrix for a given project
- Reviews and verifies that the training matrix developed by the general contractor meets the specifications developed by the project team
- Prepares accurate and timely progress reports to communicate commissioning progress and issues with project team
- Serves as the main point of communication between the contractor and the project team
- Verifies preventative maintenance material and record documents for commissioned equipment and systems
- Maintains equipment logs and master deficiency lists for Cx projects
- Schedules work, communicates schedule information to the project team, and monitors manpower requirements
- Manages the project during the construction phases; coordinates activities of the project team and construction administration personnel
- Supervises job close out process: documentation, filing, record drawings, construction cost database input, follow-up marketing, and team debriefing
- Participates in client meetings to review project status
- Participates in regular Cx team meetings to plan for and evaluate the progress of Cx activities
- Performs retro commissioning and diagnostic work as needed
- Assists with the training and mentoring of Cx Field Agents
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 10+ years project experience in the engineering and/or construction industry.
- Familiarity with the design, installation, function, and testing of mechanical systems, controls if necessary.
- Must have construction administration experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Working knowledge of the Design and Construction process for commercial, healthcare, and educational buildings
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: