Job #: 23717
Title: Commissioning Authority - PE
Job Location: Orlando, Florida - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm providing innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, firm has multiple locations across the United States. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
Committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, firm supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. Offering benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401k with matching up to the maximum allowable, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs.
The Commissioning Authority will work directly for the Commissioning Program Director of Operations and will be responsible for directing and managing building commissioning activities on a project, executing commissioning services, managing project budgets, and coordinate activities with the client and the contractor. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Attend project design/construction meetings as needed.
- Travel to and participate in interviews with potential clients and act as a subject matter expert on electrical systems commissioning.
- Perform design reviews of development and final design documents both from a commissioning perspective and as an engineering peer.
- Research applicable codes.
- Organize project information, both electronic and paper.
- Assist in the preparation of commissioning plans (testing procedures and installation checklists) from contract documents prepared by the project Architect and Engineer.
- Attend training and become a certified commissioning provider (if not already). CBCP, CCP Or CxA
- Data input for commissioning checklists.
- Make phone calls/visits to project team members (Owner, Architect, Engineer, etc.) to collect or follow up on project information.
- Make job site visits to assist field technicians with the execution of the commissioning plan.
- Participate in troubleshooting and conflict resolution. Assist the contractors in determining the cause(s) of non-compliant performance of individual pieces of equipment and cross-discipline systems. Follow up corrective work with a documentation of proper performance.
- Identify Cx activities that require scheduling and participate with the Cx team in scheduling these activities and associated construction activities required for the commissioning process.
- Prepare commissioning reports that document all commissioning activities, deficiencies noted and corrections made.
- Allocate personnel resources to ensure mechanical expertise is available for all program field and in-office responsibilities.
- Train, mentor, and assist in the development of less experienced staff. Advise the Commissioning Program Director of Operations on the performance, strengths, weaknesses, and training needs of electrical department personnel.
- Must be willing to travel every week and as long as necessary. Travel may not occur weekly. The duration of travel and length of travel will depend on the needs of firm
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 10+ years project experience in the engineering and/or construction industry.
- Familiarity with the design, installation, function, and testing of mechanical systems, controls if necessary.
- Must have construction administration experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Working knowledge of the Design and Construction process for commercial, healthcare, and educational buildings
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: