Job #: 26160
Title: Banking Branch Manager
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
* Bilingual English / Cantonese or Mandarin STRONGLY Preferred
Branch Manager is responsible for the overall success of the branch with a primary focus on retaining banking relationships and developing new business for the bank.
- The incumbent supervises the entire staff within the branch.
- Management of and total accountability for a branch office in meeting administrative, Compliance, operational, sales and service, and profitability objectives of the bank:
- Make regular business development calls to solicit new business (loans, deposits) or improve services to clients.
- Oversee and/or train/guide staff to provide clients with appropriate Bank products and services.
- Insure that staff members provide continuous quality service to clients.
- Represent the bank in the community through involvement in various civic and charitable activities.
- Assure compliance with the banks policies and procedures.
- Maintain non-discriminatory practices in business.
Sales & Service Responsibilities:
- Set annual personal performance plan/goals and weekly sales plan/goals for the branch staff.
- Assess sales results of the branch.
- Work with marketing dept. to develop sales programs and/or campaigns.
- Hold weekly sales/service meetings for briefings and debriefings.
- Motivate staff to solicit sales and give commendable service.
- Supervise training of staff on product knowledge, sales and service techniques.
- Provide clients with appropriate bank products and services to meet the clients needs.
- Build/enhance business relationship with clients.
- Make business development calls to solicit loans
- Maintain, promote, enhance business relationship with clients.
- Set annual budget and business goal for the branch.
- Monitor monthly income and control expense of the branch.
- Ensure a satisfactory branch overall audit.
- Monitor performance of the staff that are under the managers direct supervision. Coach and counsel them when needed. Ensure proper guidance is given to those who indirectly report to branch management.
- Arrange for appropriate training and cross-training of staffs when needed.
- Address and resolve human resource issues when needed.
- Understand personnel policies and procedures and treat staffs fairly.
- Oversee/monitor performance of operations staff to ensure all policies/procedures are compliant with bank guidelines
- Ensure a satisfactory branch audit is met.
- Have designated authority to approve loans, overdrafts, checks, withdrawals, fee reversals, and other items.
- Sign official checks and other documents.
- Provide signature guaranty.
- Have authority to directly resolve errors and clients complaints.
- Hire and fire staff with the concurrence of senior management and Human Resources department personnel.
- College degree in business or finance preferred.
- At least 3-5 years banking experience to include 2 years branch management in a commercial bank preferred.
- Good knowledge of commercial lending products.
- Thorough knowledge of federal/state and IRS regulations.
- Leadership qualities - ability to plan, organize, motivate, supervise, and delegate.
- Ability to create a team environment.
- Accountable; ability to make decisions and assume responsibility for those decisions.
- Strong sales and sales management ability.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to conduct business development calls.
How to Apply: