Job #: 26089
Title: controls engineer
Job Location: Cleveland, Ohio - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
would rather have a local candidate
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
My client is a multi-billion dollar aerospace and industrial manufacturer. Multiple locations, promotion from within and exceptional pay scale and bonus earnings. Located in Cleveland.
Candiate can come out of ANY heavy industrial environment. MUST BE LOCAL TO THE CLEVELAND AREA!!!!! JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Senior Controls Engineer REPORTS TO: Engr. Manager SHIFT: 1st
- Assume project leadership and full responsibility to specify, install, integrate, and maintain instrumentation and plant automation systems
- Where designated as Systems Manager, ensure compliance to Software Quality Assurance (SQA) when programming or maintaining PLC, HMI, or Visual Basic code
- Author, edit or compile all Technical Procedures pertaining to operation of new or updated software systems.
- Ability to apply computer science skills in developing manufacturing real-time data acquisition and control systems
- Interface with Process Control, Product Engineering and manufacturing personnel on all assigned projects
- Be available for off-shift support for all assigned instrumentation and plant automation systems
- Visual Basic (VB) programming as necessary to support plant data collection system
- Author, edit or review all Technical Procedures
- Perform quarterly audit of the Injection Presses to verify they are within the calibration procedures
- Report audit findings (good or bad) to appropriate foreman and the Maintenance Manager
- Ensure that all new equipment has calibration procedures when required and that calibrations are set up in the PM system.
- Perform hands-on instrumentation actions when necessary
- Specify, install, and set-up plant instrumentation
- Maintain and repair existing instrumentation / electronic equipment
- Keep accurate documentation records
- Assist & instruct others on plant instrumentation use
- Perform all other duties as assigned/requested by management.
- Program and make adjustment to Fanuc robotic software
- B.S. Degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent training from a technical school
- Minimum of 5 years of Electronics/Instrumentation experience
- Experience in theory, operation, and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Experience with Human Machine Interface (HMI) packages.
- Visual Basic (VB) programming experience a plus
- Good analytical skills able to evaluate people and problems
- Able to work well with others and under pressure
- Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: