Job #: 25538
Title: Production Supervisor
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: TBD
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Utah Candidates Only
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This company offers contract manufacturing services for end-to-end medical device outsourcing needs. We provide services for silicone and thermoplastic components and devices, including: development assistance, process design and development, molding/over-molding, extrusion, secondary operations, assembly and packaging. We offer global manufacturing options with capacity to support our customers growth. As an organization, we think and operate as an extension of our customers manufacturing environment with a rigorous focus on quality, lean six sigma and delivery.
Our Production Supervisor is responsible for the management of team members and maintaining production on the plant floor to meet the production schedule. The Production Supervisor will oversee daily activities of the manufacturing process and associates to ensure that product is being produced in accordance to all safety and quality requirements at the standard cost. JOB DESCRIPTION
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership for the department through daily communication and interaction with all associates in the department.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Monitors production rates and quality levels of assigned area throughout the department.
- Proactively develops and implements action plans to improve quality, productivity, throughput and waste/scrap issues; action plans should be specific, and time bound with easily demonstrated quantifiable results.
- Works cross-functionally with Quality, Engineering, Production Control/Warehousing to act on identified action plans.
- Maintains waste, scrap and rework at or below annual budget levels for the department.
- Ensures budgeted machine efficiency/utilization are maintained daily, weekly and monthly.
- Responsible for safety and housekeeping in the departments.
- Leads accident investigations implement policy and procedural changes and ensures that SOPs are updated to accurately reflect all potential hazards in the department.
- Plays an active role in plant-wide and company-wide task force projects and strategic initiatives.
- Mentors and develops direct reports to assume increasing levels of responsibility and prepares them for promotional opportunities.
- Responsible for coaching and effectively resolving employee issues and concerns in an efficient manner
- Performs all other duties as assigned and necessary
Demonstrates all of the companys corporate values
- We have an engaged culture
- We embrace the rigor to be safety and quality driven in all we do
- We embrace the choice to work here
- We operate with transparency, ethics, and integrity
- We consistently meet our expectations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in a clean room and/or high precision molding operation preferred.
- Focus on safety and quality
- Prior manufacturing/supervisory experience
- Ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills
- Process improvement orientation
- ERP system experience
- Knowledge of GMP under FDA/ISO
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency
- The employee is required to work in a clean room environment and is expected to follow the guidelines and rules for working in the cleanroom. This includes following the gowning procedure, covering hair in a hairnet and wearing personal protective equipment as appropriate.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is [frequently/occasionally] exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Able to work occasional weekends and overtime, as necessary
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: