Job #: 25483
Title: Agronomy Sales - Northern Iowa (DC-8186)
Job Location: Mason City, Iowa - United States
Salary: $45,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Excellent Benefits Package
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Self-Directed Role with Training Provided. Long-established Employer. Strong Base Salary Plus Bonus Potential to 20% of Base Salary. Extremely Good Benefits Package including Vehicle Provided. ***Employer Will Consider a Recent College Graduate With Solid Agronomy Knowledge, Salesman Personality and Ties to Northern Iowa Ag Growers at a Lesser Base Salary.
Keywords: Sales, Agronomy Sales, Fertilizer Sales, Organic Fertilizer Sales, Sales Representative, Territory Sales Representative, Agronomy, Fertilizer, Organic Fertilizer, Ag, Agriculture, Jobs, Ag Jobs, Recruit, Recruiter, Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT JOB DESCRIPTION
***EMPLOYER LOOKING TO HIRE IMMEDIATELY***
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting a progressive Ag Employer seeking an Agronomy Sales individual for a territory located in Northern Iowa. This individual will manage the sales and marketing of organic fertilizer, crop protection products, liquid nitrogen, corn and soybean seed as well as agronomic consulting services to area Ag growers. This Salesperson will provide services such as soil sampling, variable rate application and other services that will increase the value and profitability for their Ag grower customers. This individual MUST be able to understand and convey the market value of organic fertilizers versus traditional commercial fertilizers to their customers. Duties to include: QUALIFICATIONS
- Working to find long-term Ag grower customers
- Working closely with Ag grower customers to understand their farm operation needs and to market a product that provides a good solution to their needs while maximizing value to grower.
- Developing sales for externally-sourced manure as an organic fertilizer.
- Makes sure all required sales documents and paperwork are completed and submitted correctly.
- Works with customers to schedule application of organic fertilizer.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with customers.
- Flags fields as necessary to ensure accurate delivery and field identification.
- Works with customers regarding collection issues.
- Utilizes SST software as a service to Ag grower in managing their agronomy needs.
- Develops an understanding of services that would add value to the Ag grower operation and impact their bottom line positively.
- Assist in developing a sales program that includes advertising, promotions and sales calls.
- Operates equipment as necessary to ensure timely delivery of products and spreading of organic fertilizer.
EMPLOYER OFFERS STRONG BASE SALARY, BONUS POTENTIAL TO 20% OF BASE AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE.
***EMPLOYER MAY CONSIDER A RECENT COLLEGE GRADUATE WITH GOOD AGRONOMY KNOWLEDGE, SALESMAN PERSONALITY AND TIES TO NORTHERN IOWA AREA AT A LESSER STARTING BASE SALARY.***
- BSc. Agronomy degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2 years Agronomy Sales experience
- Ag background a MUST
- Knowledgeable of crops grown in Northern Iowa
- Personable yet competitive a MUST
- Good communication skills
- Solid computer skills with Word, Excel, Outlook; possibly other sales software programs
- Farm equipment operation experience
- From the Northern Iowa area or looking to return to this area
***MUST be eligible to work in the U.S. as well as meet the Job Qualifications shown above.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: