Job #: 25227
Title: Reliability Engineer - Rotating Equipment
Job Location: Creston, Wyoming - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer - Operating Company located in Rocky Mountain region.
The Reliability Engineer will work to become a subject matter expert for all issues pertaining to rotating machinery in the refinery including pumps, compressors, turbines, fans, blowers, gearboxes and large motors. The Reliability Engineer will provide input on the maintenance, design, and recommendations for all types of rotating equipment, systems and parts. This role requires a detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy, and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Serve as a knowledgeable technology source of all rotating machinery in the refinery including pumps, compressors, turbines, fans, blowers, gearboxes and large motors.
- Work closely with Maintenance Department, Operations Department, and Process Engineering personnel to provide technical input on rotating equipment repairs, improvements, and troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide technical direction for machinery selection including review of engineering specifications, technical bid evaluations, purchase recommendations, and review of supplier data to assure compliance to specifications.
- Provide rotating machinery expertise to projects, studies, and plant issues.
- Participate in investigations involving rotating equipment as complete action items and recommendations that result from incident investigations.
- Provide input for scopes of work related to process unit turnarounds and shutdowns.
- Coordinate with industry technical experts and contract personnel on rotating equipment reliability-related improvement efforts.
- Work with the Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer to educate engineers, plant operations, and maintenance personnel in best practices for machinery reliability.
- Provide oversight over reliability-related programs as directed such as the lubrication program, compressor analysis, and vibration program.
- Provide oversight to machinery installation, troubleshooting, repair, and startup activities.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering. 2 -5 years of mechanical integrity experience in a petroleum refinery, chemical plant or heavy industry. Knowledge of applicable codes and standards. Experience with one or more formal root cause analysis methodologies. Basic understanding of metallurgy applications for rotating equipment in a refinery. Good analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills with the ability to work in a team environment and on self-directed tasks. Knowledge of Maximo, SAP, or other computerized maintenance management systems. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: