Job #: 25276
Title: Sr Product/Project Engineer
Job Location: Buffalo, New York - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Salary + Overtime, Unlimited vacation, Healthcare, Dental, Safe Harbor, 401K match, etc, etc
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Immediate Hire! Great opportunity to be the lead project engineer for a new fiber optics division of a multi-billion dollar company! Excellent growth potential to get in at the early stage. Nice campus location with hiking/running trails, benefits including unlimited vacation, relocation assistance, 401K match, Physician office on-site, etc, etc.many more! JOB DESCRIPTION
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for supporting production assembly and test areas by resolving issues, maintaining product integrity and influencing cost. You will be expected to support all phases of the product life cycle including development, new product introduction (NPI) and product delivery.
- Assuring and maintaining product integrity, and quality in production products by collaborating with other resources to resolve production problems, performing Material Review Board (MRB) analyses
- Understanding the connection of key manufacturing and process inputs on the behavior and performance of optical navigation sensors and Inertial Measurement Units
- Integrating and testing complex hardware/software systems and supporting hands-on troubleshooting or debug of optical sensors
- Selecting and managing vendors of optical elements and the assembly of optical components
- Tracking key company metrics including, but not limited to, first pass yield and product cost objectives to maintain and improve company performance and goals
- Training, coordinating and evaluating the efforts of Product Engineers, Associate Product Engineers and others to support department goals
- Identifying areas for producibility and quality improvements in production assembly/test and product design. Initiating these changes and plan for schedule impacts.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with 5 years relevant technical experience OR Master of Science Degree in Engineering with 3 years relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated strong technical written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of MS Office tools
- Detailed working knowledge of optics, inertial measurement, navigation and guidance products, both top level and sub-assemblies
- Detailed working knowledge of inertial measurement, navigation and guidance assembly and test areas, including extensive interfacing with technicians
- Proven experience coordinating and interfacing with internal and external customers and/or suppliers on complex projects or issues.
- General knowledge in areas of Root Cause / Corrective Action, LEAN, Project Planning, and Data Acquisition and Analysis.
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain a government security clearance
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: