Job #: 25205
Title: Project Engineer
Job Location: Savannah, Georgia - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: bonus 10%
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
If you are looking to join a growing company and enjoy hands on project management in a food manufacturing environment, then we are looking for you! The Engineer has the responsibility to lead and support engineering, systems integration, and process improvements through capital projects and operational efficiency projects within our manufacturing sites. This position will support multiple projects at one or more facilities throughout the organization. JOB DESCRIPTION
Will identify operational challenges, analyze and develop solutions for improvements to support capital projects. Develop designs & process specifications using complex calculations, prepare flow sheets, scope of work documents, and drawings necessary to satisfy project requirements.
- Be on the floor to make productivity improvements -analyze and evaluate project designs and ensure compliance with engineering principles and company standards for food processing; including sanitary design, operational efficiency, health, safety, and environmental sustainability.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to detail operations of new equipment or revise SOPs to reflect changes to operations, as the result of modifications to existing equipment.
- Write, debug, and troubleshoot process control logic including programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and human-machine interfaces (HMIs). Assist site engineering in the troubleshooting of plant instrumentation.
- Develop process specifications and systems by making calculations, preparing process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs), site and floor plans, elevation drawings, utilities matrices, and other project documentation as applicable.
- Oversee all phases of assigned projects from inception to final operation. Responsibilities include project planning, estimating, reporting, organizing project staff, coordinating, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and financial control.
- Up to 30%+ travel may be required.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, preferably a Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Demonstrated (8+ years) years Engineering experience and 5+ in Project engineering related to Food, Beverage, or Pharmaceutical
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Versed in project schedules, cost estimates, PFDs, P&IDs, site drawings, utilities requirements development, interpretation of P&IDs, with a good understanding of process and instrumentation control.
- Would be a plus to have experience with Liquid Beverage Processes, tanks, boiler installation and replacement, wastewater treatment system & automatic palletizer etc.
- Open to up to 30% travel
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: