Job #: 25302
Title: Systems Engineer
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $180,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: THEY DO NOT WANT THESE NUMBERS SHARED BUT They have an unbelievable relo package that COULD include up to 30K-70K in expenses. Benefits: Flexible work schedule, buy up to 80 hours of additional vacation, access on-site health clinic, work out in on-site fitness center, eat-in on-site cafes with healthy food discounts, ride shuttles or bicycles around campus, take advantage of tuition reimbursement, access Company Perks, and much more!
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Other Military or Defense contractors like Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Nothrup Gruman, UTC, BAE Systems, ETC
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Communications Systems Engineers ~ Military/Defense/Space Applications
Salt Lake City, UT
We are looking for multiple Systems Engineers for different roles, all of them military communications oriented. We prefer EE backgrounds but will take those with CS backgrounds as well. You should have familiarity with the design of communications products like: Modems, Handheld Devices, Antenna, Terminal, Ground to Air, Ground or Space Communications Systems. You will be required to accomplish different technical tasks associated with the development, test, and fielding of communications systems. This individual will support conceptual development through product phase-out. Communication Systems experience and some Defense experience preferred JOB DESCRIPTION
- Proposal support, requirements analysis, system architecture design, documentation of system, sub-system and lower-level assemblies
- Product Development from concept to phase-out.
- Test planning, requirements validation, and acceptance testing. Tasks can include System-level testing of advanced Communications Systems, troubleshooting and repairing electronics and computer equipment, and operating equipment as part of Customer Acceptance Testing, Environmental Testing, and other System-Level tests.
- This person will typically work in a cross-functional engineering team environment and occasionally interface directly with suppliers and end customers.
- BSEE degree or equivalent from an ABET approved university program.
- Experience architecting and integrating systems within an LRU
- Experience architecting and integrating systems with multiple LRUs
- Experience Integrating hardware and programmable logic
- Lab experience working with all the different working parts of systems
- Experience working through systems engineering tech reviews (SETR)(SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc)
- Expertise working with Agile at a Systems level. (I.E. SAFe)
- Experience with model-based systems engineering (MBSE)(I.E. MagicDraw)
- Preference may be given to those with two or more years of applicable experience.
- Prior design experience is a plus, as is experience in one or more of the following areas: high-rate communication systems, satellite communication systems, spread spectrum systems, communication networks.
- Background knowledge of digital design, RF design, mechanical design, network design, and test engineering and/or systems engineering is also desirable.
- Experience in requirements management and documentation is also a plus.
- The ideal candidate will already have experience using multiple types of standard lab test equipment and will be able to decide which measurement tools are appropriate to verify each of the requirements of a communications system. The candidate should be familiar with oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, and frequency generators.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as MS Project, Visio, DOORs, or similar tools.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and presentation skills are necessary.
- Must be US Citizen for POTENTIAL Clearance Acquisition Purposes
How to Apply: