Job #: 25226
Title: Fixed Equipment Engineer - Operating Petrochemical Company
Job Location: Creston, Wyoming - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Operating company located in the Rocky Mountain region has an opening for a Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer.
The Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer will perform engineering services for all refinery fixed equipment such as heat exchangers, furnaces, pressure vessels, piping, and boilers. This position is a key contributor in establishing and promoting a reliability-centered culture for all manufacturing operations. This position also interfaces with the Engineering Department, Inspections Department, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Group, and Turnaround Group. This position will report to the Manager of Inspections, Quality and Reliability. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide mechanical and technical support to the area team and others throughout the refinery as needed including failure analysis, recommendations of design changes to prevent repeat failures or extend run lengths.
- Track mechanical fixed equipment reliability concerns and perform technical and economic analysis to justify improvements and long term solutions. Perform total life cycle cost analysis.
- Work with area Maintenance Supervisors to improve unit reliability through data analysis, corrective maintenance work, preventive maintenance, and predictive maintenance technologies.
- Take multi-disciplinary approach to projects that involve a high degree of interaction between departments, using own experience and outside sources.
- Define technical requirements for inspection, repair, and maintenance of existing fixed equipment.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators related to fixed equipment reliability.
- Assist with development and oversight of Risk Based Inspection program.
- Develop quality assurance and quality control activities related to fixed equipment.
- Assist in the development of fixed equipment inspection and maintenance procedures.
- As the fixed equipment reliability program owner, continue to drive development and improvements to the program and provide reports on program status.
- Lead or participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations, including careful consideration for actions to prevent recurrence of equipment failures.
- Perform Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) action items as requested. Participate in Fixed Equipment Mechanical Integrity (FEMI) audits as requested and perform audit action items as required.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering is preferred. 5 years of fixed equipment engineering experience in a refinery, petrochemical plant, or heavy industrial facility required. Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building. Familiarity with non-destructive examination/inspection techniques. Familiarity with design and construction codes/standards such as API 510, API 570, API 571, API 580, API 581, ASME Section I, ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.3 and NBIC. Experience with Maximo and Inspections Data software applications preferred.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: