Job #: 25225
Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Creston, Wyoming - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Highly regarded Operating company located in the Rocky Mountain region needs a senior level Mechanical Engineer who will have technical responsibility for the specification and design of refinery fixed equipment. Excellent relocation assistance package and full suite of benefits. JOB DESCRIPTION
Technical role responsible for the specification and design of refinery fixed equipment. Render technical assistance to project managers and other functional departments on work involving refinery fixed equipment and/or mechanical problems. Actively investigates equipment deficiencies and recommend corrective measures. Recommend and approve procedures and practices for the maintenance modification and repair of refinery equipment.
- Responsible for the mechanical design and specifications of all fixed equipment in the refinery.
- Support the procurement and review of new fixed equipment for refinery expense, capital and turnaround/shutdown activities.
- Provide technical support to internal departments and contract personnel with regards to basic engineering theory, repair plans and code requirements related to fixed equipment.
- Understand and apply ASME, API and NBIC codes and standards related to the procurement, repair and alternation of fixed equipment.
- Review and approve work packages of outside engineering firms to ensure compliance with company standards and expectations.
- Participate in incident investigations and help identify problem areas.
- Lead the development and review of related refinery standards and specifications.
- Serve as the refinery subject matter expert on pressure vessels, (un)fired heat transfer equipment, refractory, and equipment protection and packaged equipment units.
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers.
Bachelors of Science Degree from an ABET accredited university or college in engineering. Prefer an engineering degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Manufacturing engineering disciplines. Fifteen (15) or more years of progressive relevant engineering experience working with or directing fixed equipment activities. 5+ years of experience in materials purchasing and selection in the oil and gas or refining industry, refining preferred. Strong knowledge of ASME, API and NBIC piping and pressure vessel codes and standards.
Additional Requirements: Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, work at elevated heights using fall protection equipment, and be able to enter confined spaces using a respirator.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: