Job #: 25139
Title: Environmental, Health, Safety Specialist
Job Location: Mapleton, Illinois - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 5% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The company currently has about 15,400 employees in 33 countries and is represented at 60 production sites worldwide. The core business is the development, manufacturing and marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics. JOB DESCRIPTION
Overview of Position:
The EHSS Specialist is responsible for coordinating, implementing, and maintaining all Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security efforts at the Mapleton Site. This will be done within the full scope and requirements of the company standards; Local, State, and Federal regulations, including OSHA PSM; and the Responsible Care standard RC14001. This position will be a member of the Site Leadership Team, champion the safe work culture, and ensure safe work habits and behaviors are practiced by all site employees on a daily basis.
- Have primary responsibility for PSM compliance elements of Training, Contractor Safety, Critical Work Permits, Employee Participation, and Emergency Planning and Response.
- Have support responsibility for PSM compliance elements of Process Hazard Analysis, Management of Change, Incident Investigation, Compliance Audits, and Pre-startup Safety Review
- Develop, implement, and maintain all site specific policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable EHSS regulations/standards. Responsible for ensuring that the relevant procedures are regularly reviewed and remain current.
- Serve as the Training Coordinator for the site including maintenance of all training records
- Maintain the Emergency Response Plan in accordance with regulations and employee awareness and training
- Maintain the Hazard Communication Plan including SDS records and proper labeling
- Coordinate all industrial hygiene activities such as employee monitoring, hearing protection, respirator program, etc.
- Develop and maintain PPE matrix and coordinate supply of appropriate PPE for employees
- Contributes to root cause analyses and investigation of incidents and near misses. Responsible for ensuring that incidents and near misses are appropriately reported and provides tools to increase knowledge/improve responses.
- Performs routine audits and inspections, e.g. review work permits and proactively supports the resolution of issues found
- Performs analysis of results to trend data and identify opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for supporting Plant Manager to maintain regulatory compliance including emission monitoring, waste disposal, report preparation and submission, and for all licenses and permits.
- Coordinate waste minimization efforts and waste disposal shipments/activities
- Directly supports the management of the Responsible Care certification
- In conjunction with the Plant Manager, ensure a secure work environment and that the site security system meets all regulatory and company requirements.
- Act as Assistant Site Security Officer for CFATS program.
- Contribute to Quality Management System activities necessary to maintain ISO 9001 certificate.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful completion of assigned projects within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Plans own work to achieve assigned goals and is responsible for the relevance of work and the integrity of results
- Participates in development of the site capital plan and priorities
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience as EHSS professional required. Engineering degree or technical background preferred.
- Experience with direct supervision of contractors, consultants, design firms, etc.
- Self-reliant with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- OSHA PSM plant experience is required
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and Responsible Care (RC 14001) preferred
- Able to analyse data and situations, draw conclusions, and make meaningful decisions
How to Apply: