Job #: 25086
Title: Quality Manager
Job Location: Worcester, Massachusetts - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a leader in the composites world. They need a proactive Quality Manager who can maintain industry required certifications as well as supplier quality and customer quality including testing and the certification process. Work with the Materials group to ensure that there is a robust supplier auditing process that conforms to our customer`s requirements and continuously improves our supplier`s quality and delivery perforn1ance. Manage the flow down of aerospace OEM specifications to our suppliers JOB DESCRIPTION
- Lead, manage and ensure the quality team receives appropriate training for their roles.
- Site management representative for the QMS and maintain ISO 9001 and AS9100 certifications.
- Maintain customer specification database and manage document control process at the site.
- Analyze concerns, feedback and returns and implement corrective action plans to correct root cause to better customer relationships.
- Manage the Cost of Quality metric and recommend how to continuously improve.
- Oversee NCR and MRB processes, maintain the corrective and preventive action database.
- Oversight of all certification testing and the site metrology program.
- Oversee Qualification and Acceptance testing: composite materials, polymers, fabrics and fibers
- Manage the contract review process on new orders do they adhere to customer specifications
- Assist the engineering team in maintaining the management of change process within the QMS.
- Participate in the operating and capital budgeting process and recommend improved test equipment and process improvements for the Quality department.
- Bachelor`s degree in an engineering or technical discipline required.
- 5 + years in the Composites, Polymers or related industry.
- Aerospace quality systems including knowledge of AS9100 and QC testing methods
- Experience using statistical process control tools and attention to detail
- Excellent communications and report writing skills along with problem solving skills
- Experience and understanding of how to use an ERP system within the quality function.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and move projects forward
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications
How to Apply: