Job #: 20827
Title: Process Engineer II
Job Location: El Dorado, Arkansas - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global specialty chemicals company operating in 19 countries with approximately 19,000 employees, growing through recent acquisitions. The Company offers competitive salaries, a wide array of benefit options, and an exceptional retirement savings plan. They consider their employees, Our greatest resource!
An opening exists at their Bromine production facilities in southern Arkansas for an Process Engineer II. These three plant facilities have approximately 450 employees and operate as a Responsible Care facility. This beautiful, outdoor environment offers a community of friendly people with true southern hospitality. The community of approximately 18,000 people, has a small community college, a hospital, shopping amenities, and only a couple of hours drive from Little Rock, AR or Bossier City, LA. Most people who work at these facilities live within an hour of the plant sites. JOB DESCRIPTION
Individual contributor or supervisor of small teams, responsible for assignments within own area.
Works with a greater degree of independence, conferring with manager on unusual or complex assignments.
Responsible for implementing good process safety practices in own area and within project teams.
- Completes assignments which involve the application of a variety of diverse engineering methods.
- Identifies and investigates issues that present unusual conditions; solutions may require development of new or improved products, processes, or techniques.
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering tests, products, and equipment.
- Coordinates implementation of new or revised engineering solutions.
Process Improvement duties:
- Executes and leads performance improvement activities which may employ various process improvement methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, BPI, KAM, etc.).
- Facilitates the implementation of applicable BEST/CLASS criteria.
- Develops key performance indicators (KPIs) and management dashboards based on strategic objectives and performance improvement goals.
Project Management duties:
Effectively manages small to mid-sized projects to ensure project completion on-time, on-budget, and on-quality; resolves issues and conflicts; coordinates project work with other operating units; regularly reports project status QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to independently research, evaluate, and and/or test engineering techniques
- Ability to evaluate and advise on project viability
- Plans & Aligns
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Results
- Optimizes Work processes
- Manages Complexity
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering is required
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering or MBA is preferred
- Certification in a process improvement methodology (such as Six Sigma Green Belt, or Lean) or a P.E. certification is preferred.
- 3 years of engineering experience is required, preferably in a manufacturing facility.
How to Apply: